E6400 Nvidia NVS 160M (not Intel GMA) Yosemite CLOVER Guide

krzysztofc10

• Administrators

I've just tried to verify DW1395 operation under Mav 10.9 and Yos 10.10. DW1397 is similar but 1/2 size mini-PCIe. I could not get the card to work, whether using the dedicated mode BroadcomFamily43xx kext or patching the vanilla IO80211Family kext. Assume DW1397 to be unsupported and needing replacement under Yosemite...

https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/2120-supportedunsupported-wireless-cards-inventory/

Hi I have a Dell Latitude e6400 with nVidia graphics. I am following the updated instructions (Much easier to understand; Thanks!). I got just past this step below and it threw a panic:

• On next boot screen (it will say Merry Christmas), choose "Boot Mac OS X from USB". Do not choose any option saying "EFI" or "UEFI".

"Should have 4 Threads. but only found 5 for Die 0"?SourceCache/xnu/xnu-2782.20.48/osfmk/i386/cpu_threade.c:1094"

Any ideas on what to try next?

DisplayPort works perfectly fine. Can't seem to get it running on the docking station though. Also if you use a power adapter that throttles your CPU, your computer will run kinda like in slow motion. Time will be behind by like minutes or even hours. SpeedStep being enabled does the same thing.
For Wireless, I have a secondary Apple Branded Broadcom 43xx card in mine, and it works perfectly. I had accidentally updated to OS X 10.10.4, only thing I can see being replaced is the audio kext. 
Happy hacking! 
Also note: If you use DVI at resolutions above 1600 x xxxx, you're gonna get white noise. Sleep the computer for about 2 seconds then press the button on again. The computer fans shouldn't stop whilst doing this.

EDIT: I had a look at my BIOS settings. All the things that the second guide told us to disable was enabled, except for VT for Direct IO. It may just be my machine, but try it and see if it works for you. 

• Moderators

If your wifi is an Intel, it's not supported, you'll need to replace it with a supported card.

Can you confirm your system has the Nvidia card?

The Intel HD is not supported and probably never will.

• Like 1