E6400 Nvidia NVS 160M (not Intel GMA) Yosemite CLOVER Guide

krzysztofc10

If I go to the Console and search in system.log there are references to ApplePS2ALPSGlidepoint.

I thought that switching the buttons might be a good temporary workaround but I do not know how to do that. If I go to the Trackpad section of 'System Preferences' it does not offer me a choice for button assignment. In fact, there are no settings making any references to buttons.

An unfortunate side effect of the maple syrup incident is that shortly after I put the laptop back together the trackpad buttons stopped working. Attempting to clean the buttons did not fix the problem.

So I am wondering if there's any processing in those switches or if that happens on the trackpad (and the switches are just switches). Given the strange nature of the malfunction I am experiencing, if the second, that would imply that my extra cleaning of the switches should have been accompanied by extra cleaning of the trackpad (as I don't think a switch malfunction is likely to make the electronics "think" it's dealing with a different switch).

It also implies that replacing the trackpad buttons will not fix my problem.

@Bootxy

Seems like overheating problem

Sensor kext are loading

When I have a proper internet connection I post my files

What definitions are u using for mac???

I use macbook pro 5.1

@Katakunazu

the issue is speedstep if i disable it shows right frequencies if I enable it shows 2.26 instead of 2.4 because i have to set 266 bus speed in clover config otherwise sound goes. funny and video and audio on videos out of sinc

I've got my E6400 working beautifully with the help of the OP, thanks for his guide his bootpack. My dell Latitude E6400 specs:

Bios A28

Intel Core 2 Duo P9600 2.53ghz Nvidia quadro 160M 256mb

4gb DDR2 800Mhz Ram

128GB Hynix msata to 2.5'' Enclosure adapter=SSD boots in 11.36 seconds

The only thing I've to do is getting FaceTime, iMessage to work. Any input would be very appreciated.

WARNING!

See if this works for you. I'm pretty sure this model has Alps touchpad.

For anyone who wishes to try this, I am reporting here that when I did this it rendered OSX unbootable. The fix is easy, in theory. To fix this you just delete the 'VoodooPS2Controller.kext' file or rename it to have a different extension. However, you might find, as I did, that even if you can get a USB mouse to work in recovery mode you cannot use the keyboard. Command line based fixes cease to be practical if you are lacking a functioning keyboard. :(

I ended up attaching the drive to an OSX VMWare Player Virtual machine and deleting the file from there. You might be able to do this from a Linux install as well but getting Linux to use the HFS+ file system in read/write mode can be tricky (it was more trouble for me than it was worth so I stopped trying since I know I'd have access to my virtual machine soon). If you wish to go that route, however, the Paragon file system driver might be the way to do it. Again, I was unable to do this myself but I was operating from a live DVD so it might be easier to get to work from a real install.

So I am wondering if there's any processing in those switches or if that happens on the trackpad (and the switches are just switches). Given the strange nature of the malfunction I am experiencing, if the second, that would imply that my extra cleaning of the switches should have been accompanied by extra cleaning of the trackpad (as I don't think a switch malfunction is likely to make the electronics "think" it's dealing with a different switch).

It also implies that replacing the trackpad buttons will not fix my problem.

New buttons from Ebay appear to have fixed the issue! :) 

I verified it in Linux with xev. The mode of failure resulting in an "identity crisis" for the left button is could be as simple as cross talk between the left button line and the right button line (though I don't know how that would happen). If both are on (pressing both buttons simultaneously), X Windows (and probably OS X) interprets that as button 2. Thus, if the left button can create a signal on both lines due to the hardware failure I suppose that could be seen as input from all three buttons by the OS.

Unfortunately, I did not have the foresight to do a pre-test to rule out a "spontaneous remission" elsewhere.