e6520 help

TMNTony

I need a little help with my e6520 install.  I've been trying the myhack method with a couple of different boot packages and nothing seems to work for me.  If I run with the -v boot flag, it will run for a while and then the screen will just go blank, so I can't really tell what part in the boot process might be tripping in up.  My e6520 has the i5 m2520 processor with HD3000 graphics.  My max screen resolution is 1920x1080.

Thanks

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone been able to get Yosemite installed and working on a E6520?  I'm running into a weird issue with the install.  On the second reboot the system just hangs half way through the apple logo screen.  I followed Fabio78's E6x20 guide to prepare the USB.  I changed the BIOS boot mode from legacy to UEFI but that didn't help.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you so much for your help and patience.  I got through the installation process, but when I try to boot for the first time after the install I get can't find /System/LibraryKernels/Kernel.  I placed the Kernels folder in my install disk like it says in the guide