AMD Radeon HD 7970 DSDT

IonGeneral

Hey guys.

I've installed Mountain Lion 10.8.5 on an AMD-based machine but QE-CI isn't working yet. Apparently I need a DSDT for my AMD Radeon HD 7970 3GB GPU but am not sure how to get one for it. I was hoping I could get some help with this?

My system configuration is as follows:

ASUS Crosshair IV Formula AM3 890FX chipset motherboard

AMD Phenom II X6 1090T CPU

AMD Radeon R9 280X (HD 7970) Graphics Card

14GB Corsair Vengeance RAM

If you could help, it'd be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

ecm98j-5.png

• Administrators

If you need to inject the card characteristics to the OS via DSDT, please post a saved output from IORegistryExplorer (specify which version of the tool you've used, there are several). We'll then be able to extract the necessary data and prepare a DSDT patch. Of course, post your DSDT too. If you're not using any DSDT file, even better, extract your raw table from BIOS through tools like Chameleon Wizard or DSDTEditor.

I also recommend you read this. It explains it all in great details.

If you need to inject the card characteristics to the OS via DSDT, please post a saved output from IORegistryExplorer (specify which version of the tool you've used, there are several). We'll then be able to extract the necessary data and prepare a DSDT patch. Of course, post your DSDT too. If you're not using any DSDT file, even better, extract your raw table from BIOS through tools like Chameleon Wizard or DSDTEditor.

I also recommend you read this. It explains it all in great details.

I tried to follow that article by RampageDev and also spoken to him on InsanelyMac, but I couldn't get through it all. The "GPU" device part in my DSDT is missing.

I'll boot into Mountain Lion and get the IOReg information and will post my DSDT.

IORegistry Explorer: Version 3.0.2 (14)

IOReg and DSDT.zip

output from Chameleon Wizard.rtf

IOReg file and my extracted DSDT.aml is in the zip archive.

Oh, the reason I am booted with Safe Boot is simply because I couldn't get to the OS X setup after it installing OS X. It rebooted after installation, but in order for me to have completed setup I had to boot with -x.

http://www.techpowerup.com/191440/radeon-r9-280x-is-rebranded-hd-7970-ghz-edition.html

The Asus AMD Radeon R9 280X was rebranded to HD 7970. - I cannot boot into normal mode with or without GraphicsEnabler as I get a white screen with the black cursor after verbose mode. :( I've tried several flags to get around it: "npci=0x2000 PCIRootUID=1 GraphicsEnabler=No/Yes -v -f -x" etc. I still get a white screen. :(