serotizm

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Administrators

The WWAN slot can take a full-size card. It's clearly visible at the right of the 1/2-size card on the pictures in Jake's link. You can use it for a full-size WLAN card too (and probably for a 1/2-size card as well if it's anything like the E6440).

Depending on your exact E5440 model (basically if you have nVidia GPU or not), the WWAN slot should support PCIe (WLAN), SATA (mSATA) and USB (WWAN).

To give you an example: my E6440 was delivered with an Intel wireless/BT card. The E6440 has 1x1/2-size WLAN slot, 1x1/2size WWAN slot and 1xfull-size combined slot (clever use of space under the bottom cover: horizontal 1/2-size, vertical full-size). That full-size slot supports PCIe, SATA and USB modes. I left the Intel card in place and inserted a good old DW1490 in the full-size slot. I immediately obtained OOB wifi connectivity.

I have bought USB bluetooth and Wifi dongles. I prefered USB, so I'll be able to use them if I change my computer later.

WiFi: 

Blueotth: Trust 18187 Works out of the box.

WiFi: Zyxel NWD2205 (RTL8192U chipset). This has drivers for Maverics. But it also works for Yosemite. The package you download from Zyxel website does not install on Yosemite. I have downloaded from here: 

Hi jorgexgb;

You can download Clover EFI contents from here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/80635349/EFI.zip

If you're using Chameleon, all you need 

CLOVER/kexts/10.10

ACPI/PATCHED

contents.

While booting, you need to use below kernel options:

PCIRootUID=1 

if it doesn't work, add

USBBusFix=Yes

too.

For intel card, you need to use

nv_dlsable=1

After install, boot manager gave me errors.

To fix that, I needed to boot from installation CD again and run below command from terminal:

dd if=/usr/standalone/i386/boot1h of=/dev/disk0s2

Before install, you need to patch Yosemite Kernel: https://racerrehabman.wordpress.com/2014/10/18/yosemitehaswell-kernel-patch-for-early-reboot/

After install, you need to copy patched kernel to your drive or it won't boot.

That was all I think.

If you get any errors, please write. I'll try to help.