Yosemite wake-from-sleep on Inspiron 530

macnb

Have a a pretty good working Mavericks build on Inspiron 530. It goes to sleep OK (well it take 30 seconds). Wakes instantly.

Graphics card is GT240 that works out of the box.

Did a fresh install of Yosemite on a a spare partition (using latest Chameleon).

Used the existing DSDT.aml. All seems to work well EXCEPT wake from sleep.

Putting to sleep is same as Mavericks ...takes ˜30 seconds... the fans turn off and the power light flashes.

BUT...touching the keyboard or pressing the power button starts up the power but the screen stays black (no signal from DVI) and the CAPS LOCK light does nothing. Basically it's crashed and the only option is to restart.

So I did a new install on another drive but this time using Clover boot loader. No change. Still the same problem ...no wake from sleep.

I checked the logs and there's no mention of sleep starting or any Wake Reason. Not sure how to debug this problem.

Anyone tried Yosemite on an Inspiron 530 or Vostro 200 with successful wake from sleep ??

• Administrators

My Vostro200 has a DSDT with working sleep in SL, L, ML and Mav. Try it, it should work on the Inspiron 530, they're more our less identical machines. From memory, sleep was not working in my Yosmite DP installations, but then my HDD failed and I haven't replaced it yet. So no mainstream Yosemite tests on this one yet.

My Vostro200 has a DSDT with working sleep in SL, L, ML and Mav. Try it, it should work on the Inspiron 530, they're more our less identical machines. From memory, sleep was not working in my Yosmite DP installations, but then my HDD failed and I haven't replaced it yet. So no mainstream Yosemite tests on this one yet.

yes I know...I originally fixed that DSDT to get the sleep working in SL on the 530 (at TM site and then at IM site).

Same DSDT worked on L, ML then MV.

Something has changed in Yosemite in the way power management and ACPI are handled.

Would be good to see if you can replicate the sleep issue on Vostro 200 when you get Yosemite installed.

Will try you DSDT but cannot find any download on this site.

Your Vostro 200 topic does not have any links to your boot pack.

There no downloads on this site apart from the edp app.

Thx Herve I found your boot pack (I was looking in post #1 where I expected it).

I tried your DSDT. The 530 boots fine but after logging in, it would KP in the AICPUPM kext.

Kind of expected it.

Interesting that you use iMAC10,1 platform type in SMBIOS. I use MACPRO3,1.

Anyway, I tried imac10,1 but made no difference.

If you ever add Yosemite to your Vostro 200, it would be good to see what result you get with sleep/wake.