HP Pavilion Elite E9270t Desktop PC OSX 10.10 to 10.10.5 [SOLVED]

fallen00sniper

I was wondering if anyone had turned this box into a hackintosh, I'd like to get it up to 10.10 if possible, I still have my retail 10.6 and 10.8 on hand and if I get it up and running I can get 10.10 from the app store and hope it boots, not sure if I will need clover or if the chameleon bootloader has been released yet that works properly, seen it in a video working, but I've been out of the loop for a little while and now that I have this box, just hoping it will make a  really good dual boot hackintosh.

I've already got 10.10 working in vmware so myhack can be run or multi if need be.

any tips, thoughts or experience would be greatly appreciated, Herve has always been helpful.

Specifications

Motherboard Name:
Manufacturer's motherboard name: MSI MS-7613
HP/Compaq name: Indio-UL8E

Chipset:
Intel P55 Express

Processor:
Core-i7-860 (L) (2.8GHz / Socket LGA1156) (95W); 1 MB L2 + 8 MB shared L3 cache (95W) (Lynnfield)

Memory:
8 GB (4 x 2 GB) DDR3 PC3-10600

Hard Drive:
160 GB 7200 rpm (1.5 Gb/sec) WD1600JD (for os x)
3 TB 5700 rpm (6.0 Gb/sec) Toshiba Canvio (pulled from external case, for windows 7)

Networking:
Realtek RTL8111DL
TP-LINK TL-WDN4800

Sound:
Realtek ALC888S Audio 6-channel high-definition audio
AMD HDMI Audio

Graphics:
Radeon HD4650

Monitor:
LG LB5600 42" LED LCD TV

Sources

HP Pavilion Elite e9270t Desktop PC Product Specifications and Configurable Options:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01931048&tmp_task=prodinfoCategory&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=4079905

HP and Compaq Desktop PCs Motherboard Specifications, MSI MS-7613 (Indio):
http://HP and Compaq Desktop PCs Motherboard Specifications, MSI MS-7613 (Indio) http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01946060&tmp_task=prodinfoCategory&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=4079905

• Administrators

It certainly should be able to run OS X all the way to Yosemite. If LAN or Wireless aren't supported (I have not checked that at all), it's pretty easy to add a wireless card or USB dongle that will be. Same principle with the HD4650. Give it a try...

• Like 1

I've gotten a 'can't find mach_kernel' error when trying to boot, that was with the myhack using a partition using mbr, got it making one using quid instead now, I read 10.10 uses kernel instead of mach_kernel, is this also true with 10.9.5 or should I be trying to install 10.9 and use the combo updates?

Did you install an MBR formatted installer onto a GUID formatted drive?

See above and I think I'll try 10.9 and if it fails the same I'll try the 10.8 I have and see what it does.

not sure what else to do at the moment since the kernel should be where it is looking, just surprised myhack didn't work right off.

I've seen posts for 10.10 that day use clover, thinking about just trying that instead when I get home tomorrow.

• Administrators

myHack does not support Yosemite for the moment. So you can't use it to install 10.10. You have to use other methods that are well documented here or at other places like IM. You can then boot with Chameleon of Clover, keeping in mind that Chameleon will be a little more difficult to start with...