SSDT table for E6500

howoarang

Hi, I would like to extract SSDT table using AIDA64 in Windows, but there are 5 SSDT tables to extract. Do I need to extract only one or I must extract all of these SSDT tables? If all of SSDT tables must by extracted, what name must have? I am using Clover bootloader. DSDT.aml I have extracted.

post-5663-0-30779600-1415029434_thumb.jpg

I've extracted all of them and named SSDT1.aml ... SSDT5.aml and then put its to Clover folder "Patched" where is DSDT.aml, too. Then using clover config I checked Drop SSDT and unchecked EnableC2..C6, Generate P and C States. After reboot, my CPU frequency is 2,66 GHz and it is constant, so speedstep doesn't work. Original frequency has to be 2,8GHz. 

I've tried it, because in Safari during play videos or movies, I have video delay 2 sec against the audio. Second problem are system Time. Sometimes it freeze and then it has delay about 10 minutes. 3rd problem is system sound. It has delay too. If I press button to volume up/down, there is 1-2 sec delay. When I boot via Chameleon, I have no problem in Maverick, but chameleon doesn't boot yosemite, so I must use Clover.

• Administrators

First of all, you don't need any SSDT patching for CPU power management on Core2Duo CPUs. You just need a tuned FakeSMC, the correct SMBIOS profile and the activation of P&C States. Don't waste your time extracting tables you'll have no use for.

Secondly, extracting BIOS tables to simply place them as-is in an /Extra Chameleon folder or an ACPI Clover folder will do nothing at all. You only use extracted files if you patch them!

Search for the long-published articles and threads about performance tuning.

SSDT for CPU PM really only applies to "i" core CPUs.

OK, I think, SSDT for Core i only, but I tried it. My mistake. Now, I´m going to look at FakeSMC.kext and trying to tune it.

FakeSMC.kext  v. 6.11.1328

keys REV, RVBF, RVUF have value <01300f00 0003>

smc-compatible - smc-napa

In SMBIOS-> MacBookPro 5,1

Is it correct?

But in System Report is SMC Version 1.33f8, so this is other that in FakeSMC, why?

Yes, there are active. I've iStat menu installed and there are frequencies, temps and voltages of CPU, GPU and HDD. I think, there are correct. 

CPU Core 1: min. 798MHz (6x) and max. 2,79GHz (10,5x) and some value in the middle... 

CPU Core 2. the same as Core 1

CPU voltage: 1,01V min. and 1,15V max.

GPU Core: 580MHz

GPU Memory: 702MHz

(But I think, that GPU's frequencies have to be also variables like CPU, under Windows they are, but under OSX there are constant.)

And about FakeSMC... Is here any choice to disable clover autopatching SMC version on the fly?

• Administrators

You want Clover to patch it on the fly; that's a good thing; means you don't have to do it manually (patch the FameSMC kext to adjust SMC keys + smc-compatible). In addition, since Clover also selects the correct SMBIOS profile on the fly, that's another thing you don't need to worry about.

Really, the only 2 parameters to check on the Clover config for native CPU PM are P+C states activations.

If you disable kext patching in Clover, I guess FakeSMC will retain its default settings or the settings you might have edited yourself in the kext.

GPU speedstepping can be expected too, but that really depends on the GPU itself (if it supports it) and your own computer platform... But, to give you an element of comparison, I can tell you that Latitude D630/D830 with nVidia Quadro NVS 135M/140M do show GPU throttling in HWMonitor with tuned FakeSMC kext and appropriate SMBIOS profile. Same applies to the Precision M4300 with nVidia Quadro FX 360M. I'm talking about Chameleon based installations here, but it should be the exact same thing under Clover.

Ok this is my config:

Clover->ACPI

I leave checked only Generate P States and Generate CStates.

I unchecked Enable C2,C4 and C6

Clover->Cpu

Here I erased all manually added values (FrequencyMHz, Bus Speed kHz, Latency, QPI, Type) and also unchecked C2, C4 and C6

Now after reboot, I have the CPU frequencies:

min. 837MHz

max. 2,93GHz (I think, it is turboboost mode of my CPU T9600)

With this config I reached better benchmark score using Geekbench 3:

Then:

Single-Core Score 1641

Mutli-Core Score 2972

Now:

Single-Core Score 1694

Mutli-Core Score 3147

And Hervé could you post your FakeSMC and SMBIOS from D630/D830? Thanks