[Guide] Dell Latitude E6430 with Yosemite 10.10 (14A389)

dunghv

Credit

- Special thank to chris1111 from InsanelyMac for USB Install for OS X Yosemite Chameleon

- Special thank to oldnapalm from InsanelyMac for Yosemite MBR Patch 10.10 (14A389)

- Special thank to netkas for the latest version of FakeSMC

- Special thank to Jake Lo from OSXLatitude for Bootpack for E6x30 models

- Special thank to Pokenguyen for your guides

- And everyone who I do not know makes great contributions to get everything working with Yosemite

Specs

BIOS A12 | i7-3520M 2.9GHz | 4GB DDR3 | Intel HD 4000 1366x768

What’s working

- Full QE/CI

- Keyboard and mouse (touch vertical scrolling works)

- Audio

- HDMI - Video and Audio

- Camera / webcam

- Card Reader (Automatic recognised. No external kext is needed).

- Ethernet (AppleIntelE1000e.kext)

- Power / Battery (fully recognised)

- USB 3.0

- External USB wifi

Requirements

- A working hackintosh or real mac

- Downloaded Mac OS X 10.10 (14A389) Yosemite Install Apps from App Store

- 8GB USB stick. Using Disk Utility to format to Mac OS Extended (Journaled) + one partition + MBR selected in Options.

Now let’s get started…

Step 1:

Please follow this guide (http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/301138-new-usb-installer-os-x-yosemite-chameleon-r2456-v2/) to create a USB Installer for Yosemite.

Step 2:

Download Yosemite MBR Patch 10.10 (14A389) from this link

Extract, copy and overwrite OSInstall.mpkg to

/System/installation/Packages 

in your USB Installer

Extract, copy and overwrite OSInstall to /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks

/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks 

in your USB Installer

Step 3:

Download OS X Yosemite Chameleon v3.zip from this link and paste in your USB Installer

Download Extra from this link  and paste in your USB Installer

Download FakeSMC from this link and paste in your USB Installer

Step 4

Boot from your USB Installer with boot flag

-f -v GraphicsEnabler=Yes IntelCapriFB=3 

Plug in an USB external usb for using during installation

Please be advised that graphics will not be recognised during installation. Screen will be lagged.

Use Disk Utility to format your partition target for Yosemite as Mac OS Extended (Journaled).

Please be noted that at the end of installation process there will be an error showed up. Ignore it.

Restart the system with your USB Installer using boot flags using to boot for installation.

Step 5: Post installation

Enable running applications from Any where in System Preferences | Privacy and Security

Run OS X Yosemite Chameleon v3.zip in your USB Installer and select to install Chameleon to your Yosemite partition.

Follow this guides to get DSDT, SSDT and all kext.

Use Kext Wizard to install all kexts in Extension folder in Extra you dowloaded before in S/L/E

Install FakeSMC in your USB Installer in S/L/E

Use Kext Wizard to repair permissions

Reboot

NOTE: Screen will be crazy during booting process. Ignore it. And booting process is slower than that of Mavericks. Maybe because of error during installation process.

Any question? Leave it here and I will share my experience.

UPDATE

Fixing sleep issue

Removing Private Data in Chameleon.Boot.Plist to fix the problem relating to sleep.

Enabling HDMI port

- Download Hackintosh Vietnam Tool from this link.

- Run the tool and select Kexts > Graphics > HD4000 DP/HDMI port

- Finish the process and restart the computer.

Fix warning: HDD is too hot

I have not found reasons yet. However, if I installed FakeSMC ver 6, HWMonitor always shows high temperature of HDD. I install FakeSMC ver 5 and nothing happens.

But, P States checking shows that there is not enough states as generating by ssdtPRGen.sh. Trying to find solutions.

Why the MBR patch?

You should instruct to format the USB installer and the OS X installed drive to MBR too?

Thank you Jake Lo. I added such instruction to my post.

You know if MBR is not patched the USB Installer will require HDD formatted as GPT. I installed on MBR partition. 

Using experience

I got a problem with docking station. The computer gets kernel panic if it is boot while being plugged in docking station. Booting the computer and then plugging in the docking station is OK. No error occurs. UPDATE: Removing Private Data in Chameleon.Boot.Plist to fix the problem.

Battery is fully recognised so the system can operate longer than Mavericks on my laptop. However, it runs a little bit hotter than Mavericks. It seems a problem relating to accessing to hard disks. I did not have this problem when running Mavericks.

That worked great! Two more questions,

I don't have battery status working

and FileNVRAM.dylib makes it so I can't boot

Any suggestions?

I had no problem with battery status. Please check and do the following steps.

- Ensure that you place DSDT downloaded from here in /Extra folder in your hard disk.

- Ensure that ACPIBatterManager.kext is installed in your /S/L/E folder. Kext is in Boot Pack.

- Repair permissions and rebuild cache.