[Guide] Dell Latitude E6430 with Yosemite 10.10 (14A389)

dunghv

Thank you Jake Lo for the updated guide. Now it's possible to boot on the USB Installer  ;-)

But when the install has completed, the computer restarts, I choose to boot on USB and then select Macintosh SSD. I have an error: Cannot find /System/Library/Kernels/kernel 

Hello,

my Dell is still working fine, but this morning no more Sound, in Systemstetting , no sound installed. I checked the HDA.kext, but could not find anything wrong.

Any hint?

Yosemite use graphics kext to enable sound. Check bootpack by Jake Lo to ensure you installed the right kext.

At first, thank you for the guide you put up together.

I am preparing to install Yosemite on my e6430, from the Mavericks I am already using. (it will be installed on a new disk, so I will have no problem returning back to the Mavericks installation).

I can see in the end of your guide that we need to install the kexts on /S/L/E, not in /E/E.

Can't we continue using the kexts in /E/E?

I am afraid that this will cause issues with the updates in the future.

Thanks again!

• Moderators

You could leave all the files in /E/E, just install the files in /Extra/Extension/SLE to /S/L/E. Not sure if the files will work in the next update, but the files in Extra/Extension should work. You might just need to put nullcpupowermanagement back to Extra/Extensions if you get KP after the update.

MyHack probably won't be available until end of December.

• Moderators

Thank you Jake Lo for the updated guide. Now it's possible to boot on the USB Installer  ;-)

But when the install has completed, the computer restarts, I choose to boot on USB and then select Macintosh SSD. I have an error: Cannot find /System/Library/Kernels/kernel 

Does the Macintosh SSD shows as RAID?

• Moderators

Ok, that makes sense as I'm seeing that on some of my builds too. Here's the fix.

Boot with the USB installer, open up terminal and enter the following command:

diskutil cs list  

you see something like below. Note the UUID in red and Revertible = Yes

run diskutil cs revert UUID> , you can copy and paste the UUID

reboot when finish. Boot with USB and select your Installed drive to complete your install

corestorage.png 

You could leave all the files in /E/E, just install the files in /Extra/Extension/SLE to /S/L/E. Not sure if the files will work in the next update, but the files in Extra/Extension should work. You might just need to put nullcpupowermanagement back to Extra/Extensions if you get KP after the update.

MyHack probably won't be available until end of December.

Normally, I will install NullCPUPowerManagement.kext before conducting any updates. After updating successfully, I will patch AICPU again to enable SpeedStep. Last thing to do is to remove NullCPUPowerManagement.kext.

Hackintosh Vietnam Tool or multifail can be used to patch AICPU.