DELL Optiplex 9020 - trouble installing Yosemite

Julio Bernardo

As you know, I've tried so much things options to boot my Yosemite. I achieved to install it on HFS+ partition, created by MacDrive, but after this, my system is not starts. Firstly it was rebooting loop. Jake Lo suggested me to change my SSD kernel (where Yosemite was installed) by the USB stick (Chameleon Bootable). Well, it does work partially. It stops rebooting loop, but I'm still stuck, it's because the new issue is: STILL WAITING FOR ROOT DEVICE. 

Furthermore, last but one line shows me "USBMSC Identifier (non-unique)..." as you know see bellow:

FMC3JLD.jpg

Some hints have been given by the hacintoshers here, but unfortunatelly I didn't still get success.

Unplug any USB devices, just keeping the USB Installer, mouse and keyboard.

No success.

Try resetting bios to default, apply and then set SATA Operations to AHCI.

No success.

Jake Lo, on 01 Dec 2014 - 5:50 PM, said:

Problem is it's not detecting your internal SSD.

I use an external drive for installer too and don't have a problem, so it's not your installer.

try this 

kext-dev-mode=1 -v -f

No success.

Any idea?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

Kexts in SLE folder are patched for AICPUPM, audio, Trim Enabler, and second boot screen fix. Only needed to be install to S/L/E after system is booted. 

I agreed ACPIBatteryManager and ApplePS2Controller are not needed, but that don't explain why he's getting "Still waiting for root device" error when BIOS is already set to AHCI and GenericUSBXHCI is added.

@Julio, can you slave the drive to a Mac system and install Chameleon to the OS X partition so you don't need to boot with the USB Installer?

@Jake, i'm not sure if i understood...

Do you want that i use a new slave hard disk to make a new installation of Yosemite with Chameleon bootloader? 

I don't know if it helps, but primary SO Dell 9020 is Windows 8.1 and i do not changed it. I just created with MacDrive (running under Windows 8.1) a HFS+ partition. So, i achieved to install Mac on this partition, but never, never could boot with it. Always the message was and still is "Still For Waiting Root Device".