DELL Optiplex 9020 - trouble installing Yosemite

Julio Bernardo

Ok, a new issue :-o ! I achieved to install Yosemite! For the first time that I initialized system, I did through USB bootloader, selecting "Mac Yosemite" (SSD Hard Drive). That's ok! So, I did post install by Jake Lo guide and after I restarted the computer but I cannot up the system again. Why? That's the message: "missing bluetooth controller transport"!
-v shows me above message. -x shows me apple screen progress bar. This progress bar reaches nearly 50% and stop.

Searching on google, I found it and I tried:

Boot with -s

Type:  mount -uw /

Type:  cd /System/Library/Extensions
Type:  mkdir intel_back
Type:  mv AppleIntelHD* AppleIntelF* intel_back/
Type:  touch ../Extensions

unfortunatelly, no success.

Any idea?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

Ok, a new issue :-o ! I achieved to install Yosemite! For the first time that I initialized system, I did through USB bootloader, selecting "Mac Yosemite" (SSD Hard Drive). That's ok! So, I did post install by Jake Lo guide and after I restarted the computer but I cannot up the system again. Why? That's the message: "missing bluetooth controller transport"!
-v shows me above message. -x shows me apple screen progress bar. This progress bar reaches nearly 50% and stop.

Searching on google, I found it and I tried:

Boot with -s

Type:  mount -uw /

Type:  cd /System/Library/Extensions

Type:  mkdir intel_back

Type:  mv AppleIntelHD* AppleIntelF* intel_back/

Type:  touch ../Extensions

unfortunatelly, no success.

Any idea?

You need to restore those kexts as it's needed to get full graphics acceleration. Did you copy the Extra folder to the macintosh SSD from the installer?

Jake Lo, 

I didn't it.

1- After your last message, I copied Extra folder to Macintosh SSD root. is it correct? After this, I realized that when I open Chameleon Wizard, now, it's get a 14,2 Imac SMBios, I imagine that SMBIOS is that I've downloaded packet of your guide, right?  I've no sound yet. How to get full graphics acceleration for these kexts? I've moved back AppleIntelHD*  and AppleIntelF*.

2 - By the way, I have problems to follow this tutorial (http://www.osxlatitude.com/tuning-performance-with-fakesmc-smbios-plist/). What data should I use to replace DATA field from RVBF, REV and RVUF. 

Thanks

If i undestood, your fakeSMC that i copied to SSD/Extra, it's super correct!!! It's because i have no more lag at Yosemite, it has a great performance now. 

i think is all perfect now! Sound is enable! Thank you very much all! Thank you Jake Lo, Bronxteck, Hervé!

Now i need to install Windows and after make a dual boot. For this, I need to change UEFI boot and installing Windows. Changing to UEFI mode, my hack will keep working?

After this, I will make the dual boot. What do you suggest me? Is there any tutorial?

See here. You'll need to use Clover UEFI rather than Chameleon.

Ok, I will try this. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'd just like to thank you all for spend time to my case. If you don't help me, I'd be lost.

I have the Yosemite running on Dell optiplex 9020 with good performance.

Now I'm going to install Windows and dual boot. Wish me luck.

Thanks a lot!