OS X ML (10.8.5) Installer hangs, doesn't get past start of install

humzaahmed155

I have an issue with my D630, with the Crestline X3100 graphics, 1280x800 display.

I've changed all my BIOS settings to match someone else's who managed to get OS X to work.

I made my OS X installer USB using MyHack, I also used the Extra folder for the Low Res model. Upon booting, its a hit or miss: sometimes the laptop hangs on the Apple logo completely (during a normal boot, no errors in verbose mode either), and sometimes it hangs at the 18 minutes remaining mark during installation, the disk activity is immediately cut off.

I used a retail OS X 10.8.5 DMG with MyHack. Any suggestions as to how I can fix the hanging?

Thanks so much.

• Administrators

The guide is the "Supported models with guides"  section of the forum.

P & C states are enabled through Chameleon. Use the Chameleon Wizard. In fact, look for the thread and article about performance tuning and you'll find all you need to tune your D630.

• Like 1

The guide is the "Supported models with guides"  section of the forum.

P & C states are enabled through Chameleon. Use the Chameleon Wizard. In fact, look for the thread and article about performance tuning and you'll find all you need to tune your D630.

Hi, I just read that guide. Though it's going to help me a lot along the way, I haven't gotten anywhere near that step yet :(

I get to about step 3 on Phase 1 and the installer freezes. Sometimes during the installation, sometimes during the Apple logo/verbose boot.

Set your BIOS parameters as per recommended settings in the pinned thread on the matter and disable or remove your wireless card if you have an Intel one.

I've double checked the BIOS settings, they're exactly the same as the one on the pinned post. Any other ideas? Should I try Lion instead?