Yosemite Installation Guide - Latitude E5440 Intel i5 - Clover UEFI

jorgexgb

• Moderators

Here, backup your file and try this.

Remove kext from your Other folder and use 10.10

Install kexts in Kexts/10.10/SLE to /System/Library/Extensions with Kextwizard

Not sure if you need all those HDMI audio patches, so I left them all out. Didn't need it for my hack and HDMI audio work just fine. SmBios, I chose MBA 6.2, but you could change it to 11.1 if you prefer.

DSDT/SSDT patched according to your system's specs.

E5440_thelorax.zip

• Like 1

Thanks a ton for your help.  With everything you gave me graphic were still off a bit.  I switched to 11,1 and that did the trick.  Now I have to figure out the issue with the default software.  It is most likely my serial, but I am excited to have everything working.  Thanks again for your help.

I have a dell latitude e5440 as well. I replaced the hd with a ssd and installed yosemite following the directions from OP and Jake's SLE/kexts from post 12. My machine boots and runs okay. Next I wanted to get wifi working. After researching compatible wifi cards, I purchased a dw1510 card and installed it. Since previous posts state the dw1510 should "work out of the box", I didn't research kexts/drivers for this card. The bios does recognize a "broadcom wireless" wifi device.

When I boot into os x, wifi is not recognized. I can't add/enable it and I'm not sure where to go from here. 

I suppose I could have a dead card, but I think/hope the more likely culprit is that I'm missing something. Any help is appreciated.

• Moderators

Just to verify that you actually gotten a DW1510 and not something else, download and run DPCIManager. Under PCI LIST, look for the wireless card and list the VenID/DevID here.

It should be 14e4-432b

• Like 1