Yosemite Installation Guide - Latitude E5440 Intel i5 - Clover UEFI

jorgexgb

Jake, thanks for helping debug my wifi problem. I now have a functional "mba5,2" that can connect to wifi. The main problem I'm having now is with video.  For example, chrome frequently flashes/blinks, particularly playing videos in the center third of the screen. I also got a hardware acceleration error from adobe photoshop. Firefox and safari don't flash or blink nearly as much as chrome, and they seem to behave okay if I stay away from videos.

I'm using Jake's "AppleIntelHD5000Graphics.kext" from post 12 above. Are there further tweeks/fixes that I should implement to improve my intel hd graphics 4400 performance?

thanks!

Hello,
I have exactly followed the tutorial but the computer is unable to start the installation.
I downloaded a version of Yosemite 10.10.2, the patched kernel for Intel Haswell processor, the E5440 for bootpack 10.10, replace the kext in SLE from bootpack 10.10.2, inject others kext with kextwizard in /System/Library/extensions, and finally repair permission, rebuild cache in EXTRA and /System/Library/extensions.

Any ideas?

Thank you very much.

post-78077-0-11746600-1432463044_thumb.jpg

Thank you for your reply, installation hangs on to another step.

I have a message,

Super IODevice: [Fatal] found unsupported ship! ITE sequence ID = 0x1200, Winbond sequence ID = 0xffff

I googled it,  and try to delete LPCSensors.kext but no result.

Thank you for your help.

post-78077-0-59623300-1432914293_thumb.jpg

Excellent guide guys!

successfull install here :)

wifi I know of and will be ripping out my other laptops for another card. Just need to patch the graphics into clover for the boot glitch.

what causes the flickering in OS X when you login? and full screen youtube?

listening to the magician feat years and years on youtube right now. happy chappie!

I have an e5440 running 10.10.4 (clover uefi) with only two minor problems: the sd card reader which worked under 10.10.3 no longer works and hdmi audio is broken as well. I'd love to fix the sd card reader (I'm big into digital photography). The hdmi audio would be nice to fix also, but I can live without it. Any suggestions?