Yosemite Installation Guide - Latitude E5440 Intel i5 - Clover UEFI

jorgexgb

Thanks Jake. The sd card works great now. My video performance has degraded though. In my favorite browser (chrome) I get lots of flickering. Safari doesn't seem to have the same problems. The hmdi video and audio now both don't work and I got the attached warning when I tried to open photoshop.  Looks like the new video kexts caused some problems or I messed something up. Any suggestions?

post-74181-0-07719900-1437009053_thumb.png

Right as usual sir. Glad I chose the "backup kexts that will be replaced" option in kext wizard prior to install. I restored the kexts I changed after the 10.10.4 install (except for the two you gave me) and the machine works fine. Thanks for your help.

Hi everyone, I have Dell E5440 2014 with Intel i3-4010U 1.7 GHz, hard drive 128Gb SSD, BIOS A01, 4Gb RAM 1600MHz, Yosemite 10.10.5.

I have exactly followed the tutorial but the computer is unable to start the installation, i think problem is in bios setup because when i load from usb then appears clover's menu. After enter appears white apple on black background (nothing more, no numbers, no words) and after 15-20 seconds reboots.

Help me please and sorry for my english

• Moderators

Boot to the USB again, when you get to the Clover's menu, hit the space bar. Select verbose mode and enter. This will show you where the hangup is.

For the BIOS settings, make sure to "Load Defaults", apply and then set SATA Operations to AHCI. Save and exit.

Boot to the USB again, when you get to the Clover's menu, hit the space bar. Select verbose mode and enter. This will show you where the hangup is.

For the BIOS settings, make sure to "Load Defaults", apply and then set SATA Operations to AHCI. Save and exit.

"Load Defaults" and AHCI not helped. Any suggestions?

14cz32s.jpg