GA-Z97X-UD5H i5-4460 Clover Yosemite - Kernel Panic "Unable to find diver for this platform: \"ACPI\"

ronluna

I've been trying so many thing that I don't even know what else to try. 

I have tried many different combination on clover's config.plist file but nothing has worked.

I keep getting:

Kernel Panic "Unable to find diver for this platform: \"ACPI\" When I try to boot with intel integrated graphic card.

My setup:

Mobo: GA-Z97X-UD5H

CPU: i5-4460 

Clover Version: Clover_v2k_r3048

I have attached the current EFI configuraiton I'm using, and I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on whre the problem might be? 

EFI.zip

you do not have a dsdt in your ACPI/patched folder.change the name DSDT.aml to Bios_DSDT.aml in the config. as the dsdt name. or if you have a dsdt put it in the acpi/ patched folder and leave the name DSDT.aml alone

Since this motherboard has a UEFI Bios I thought no DSDT.aml was needed???  Now I'm confused....

I've tried your suggestions:

changing in the config.plist file the following:

<key>Name</key>
<string>DSDT.aml</string>

to:

<key>Name</key>
<string>Bios_DSDT.aml</string>

But same ACPI Kernel Panic...

I'm trying to get the installer to boot.  

I've created the installer following this instructions

Did you try boot arguments -f or -x? See if you can boot without caches. If you still have the issue using those flags also then i would doubt your installer which may be corrupted or not created properly so try to create one again. Use this method: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/298521-easy-yosemite-1010-final-usb-installer-updated-10162014/

Did you try boot arguments -f or -x? See if you can boot without caches. If you still have the issue using those flags also then i would doubt your installer which may be corrupted or not created properly so try to create one again. Use this method: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/298521-easy-yosemite-1010-final-usb-installer-updated-10162014/

Yes! 

I have tried 

-x 

-v 

-f

npci=0x2000

npci=0x3000

-xcpm

Same ACPI Kernel Panic.

Hi,

I've got a quick look at your Clover config.

1) You don't need to put the SSDT generate by Pike script in ACPI\patched because you yet generated P & C states with Clover in your plist configuration (and you can enable from C2 to C7)

2) If you don't inject any frame buffer in the graphic section, it will never work. As you've got an HD4600 graphic card inside your processor, and it's a desktop one, it will be a bit more complicated with Yosemite (as the HD4600 mobile ID is not anymore inside the frame buffer kext plist & also that will have to bin patch HD5000 kext to inject your native desktop HD4600 ID to have QE/CI). Sorry to link you to another forum, but look here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/298591-intel-hd-4600-qeci-yosemite. But at least, inject one value in ig-plateform-id, just to ensure that it will force the frame buffer to load (but you will not have accelerate QE/CI), try 0x0a260006 for example.

3) Remove Asus AICPUPM, you've got an Haswell processor, it's not for you... You do the right thing (for Haswell processor) with KernelPM. And also, no need for Kernel CPU, it is to "fake" some CPUID, not need for your Haswell processor and Yosemite

4) In ACPI, leave DSDT name empty, as you have no DSDT.aml in your ACPI\Patched. Remove also the Halt Enabler option. â€‹I don't check the other patchs you enable, I'm not sure that you need so much. In general, begin with minimum (HPET & MCHC => enable this one and might be LPC (it depends of the LPC ID of your Haswell chipset)).

I have followed your advices...

And I have re-created the Yosemite Installation USB drive and added KernelPM in the config file...

But now, I'm just getting a Black screen after select to boot "Install OS X Yosemite" .

I have an ATI Video card that I have also tried to boot from by disabling the Integrated graphic card but I still get a black screen

If I try booting with -f -v flags the system hangs right after with the ATI card or with the intel integrated graphics cards:

boot file path: .IABootFiles\boot.efi

root device uuid is "blah blah blah' 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

_

I appreciate all the suggestions and help... thanks!