D820 Nvidia - Panic @ Lion Installer

Hi guys! I'm trying to install Lion on a D820 with BIOS A10. It's a C2D model with 4 GB RAM and a Quadro NVS 110M display adapter, Broadcom WLAN. I'm using an App Store download of Lion with the Extra folder from the "Compatibility" section.

When I get to the language selection, the mouse pointer occasionally hangs, then works again, and after a minute or two I get kernel panic.

panic(cpu 0 caller 0xffffff80002c4794); Kernel trap at 0xffffff7f809ec876, type 13=general protection, registers:

(...)

Kernel Extensions in backtrace:

org.hwsensors.driver.GPUsensors(1307.0) (...)

dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOACPIFamily(1.4) (...)

dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily(2.7) (...)

dependency: org.netkas.driver.FakeSMC(1307) (...)

(...)

Mac OS version:

11G63

Kernel version:

Darwin Kernel Version 11.4.2 (...)

Any ideas?

+H+

• Administrators

Seems your Hackintosh does not like the current FakeSMC (and associated plugins) version you're using. Which is it? For 32bit mode OS X versions on such "legacy" systems as your D820, our recommendation is to use Kozlek's 32/64bit FakeSMC v5.2.678. It works flawlessly and will support all the underlying hardware; there's no need for a more recent and fancier version.

Look things up here.

Like I said, I downloaded the "bootpack" from http://www.osxlatitude.com/edp/compatibility/ corresponding to D820 for Lion. I thought that was the best way to go?

Anyway, the included FakeSMC was 6.8.1307, so I replaced it with 5.2.678, and I sure get different results, as i can no longer boot to the installer. I start in Verbose and the most sensible I'm able to get out of the screen is this:

Bug: launchctl.c:2425 (...)

SMC::smcInitHelper ERROR: MMIO regMap == NULL - fall back to old SMC mode

** AppleSMBusPCI::start failed to get acpi path for provider

ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::start - waitForService(resourceMatching(AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement) timed out

(...)

ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::registerLPCDriver - WARNING - LPC device initialization failed: C-state power management not initialized

And then nothing happens...

• Administrators

Using the bootpack is the right way to go, but I'm pretty sure FakeSMC 6.8.1307 did not get released as a 32-bit or fat binary, so this would exclude the 32bit kernel mode required on the D820 to support graphics acceleration (there's not 64bit support for NVS 120M).

Did you re-run myFix (quick) after replacing the FakeSMC kext? It's required...

Boot with flags -f -v; that'll ignore the cache.

• Administrators

Unfortunately, the published D820 Lion bootpack is unsuitable: 64bit only FakeSMC, wrong SMBIOS plist, incorrect boot plist, missing and wrong kexts...

Please use the attached pack to replace your existing /Extra. It contains everything you need (LAN, audio, battery, CPU Power management, full QE/CI, etc.) without further need of EDP tuning.

Removed: Extra_D820_Lion-10.7.zip

Thanks ! But it seems this D820 is a difficult one... With the Extra folder you sent me, I get the same results (the GUI never loads). When booting the install media in safe mode with verbose (-f -x -v) I get Kernel Panic:

Backtrace (CPU 1)

(..)

Kernel Extensions in backtrace:

org.hwsensors.driver.GPUSensors(1111.0) (...)

dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOACPIFamily(1.4) (...)

dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily(2.7) (...)

dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOGraphicsFamily(2.3.4) (...)

dependency: org.netkas.driver.FakeSMC(1111) (...)

• Administrators

Check that your BIOS is properly configured. Refer to the D620 settings, they'll be more or less the same.

You're trying to install 10.7.5 and I verified the pack I uploaded on my D620 nVidia. You could maybe check the Chameleon version you're using. You can safely update to version r2377 or r2395, they'll work just fine.

Hehe. Sorry, but I've already been down that road. I've even tried disabling a range of things I won't ever use, such as modem, COM and LPT. I also tried booting with the wireless switch in the "off" position. I believe I've also tried disabling "multi-core".

I've also tried the standard myHack Chameleon (whichever build that is), as well as 2377 and 2510 (through Chameleon Wizard). No change.

With 2377:

using 64-bit bootcache playlist

BootCacheControl: Unable to open /var/db/BootCache.playlist: 2 No such file or directory

Bug: launchctl.c:2425 (25957):30: (dbfd = open(g_job_overrides_db_path, O_RDONLY | O_EXLOCK | O_CREAT, S_IRUSR | S_IWUSR)) != -1

Previous Shutdown Cause: 5

SMC::smcInitHelper ERROR: MMIO regMap == NULL - fall back to old SMC mode

NVDANV40HALG7xxx loaded and registered.

DSMOS has arrived

[iAGPM Controller] unknownPlatform

ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::registerLPCDriver - WARNING - LPC device initialization failed: C-state power management not initialized

SuperIODevice: [Fatal] found unsupported ship ID=0x2803

(And yes, it says "ship". Not "chip".)

Then it hangs...