DW1395/BCM4312 in M4300, Yosemite, Clover

clickmikes

I am playing with my M4300/T8400 installing Yosemite and Clover and came across an observation that might be helpful for you DSDT experts here.

I am using a DW1395/BCM4312 WiFi card in this machine and with the M4300 bootpack DSDT in ACPI/patched WiFi is working and driver is loaded (BCM433rev.2), but WiFi cannot connect to any secured network.

When I put the DSDT from the M4400 bootpack in my ACPI/patched and reboot the machine then suddenly WiFi works perfectly fine even with secured networks.

Q: What part of the DSDT is responsible for the WiFi operation?

Can the two DSDTs be combined so that the WiFi section of the M4400 DSDT is operating in the respective section in the M4300 DSDT?

P.S. Using the M4400 DSDT on my 4300 creates other problems: Battery Icon only shows with X and does not work at all.

Maybe this observation is helpful in fixing the DW1395 problems by editing the DSDT....

I am sure Hervé that editing the DSDT is a piece of cake for you... :-)

• Administrators

Wireless card is often handled by Device (ARPT) in the DSDT. To be sure, extract an IOReg with IORegistryExplorer, locate the wireless card then look for the corresponding section in your DSDT.

Post both your DSDT files and I'll have a look.

Indeed, your observation could help fixing this old wireless issue.

Hello Hervé

Good to hear from you again :-)

and thanks for your help.

I got it working now:

using your boot package DSDT.aml I find that you list the Wifi card as DW1395 (0x14e4 4315).

Taking a closer look at my hardware, my card is a BCM 94311 MCG - which should run OOB, but with your DSDT did not anymore :-(

So after searching with ioreg and looking at system report / about this mac I find that the WiFi is listed as DW1395 and compatibility 4315.

I edited the compatibility in the DSDT from 4315 to 4312 and now it works like a charm...

To match, I also updated the card name to DW1490 / BCM 94311 MCG. It looks nice now :-)

I guess I may have been too quick with my initial statement about fixing that old issue, but at least I got my machine working now and learned a thing or two about DSDT editing.

Happy hacking ... ;-)

P.S. Just wondering: Should you not be able to change this ID with a Clover patch (FixAirport and inserting the fake PCI ID)?  I tried it in several ways, but it never grabbed the updated ID and hence did not load the kext either.

• Administrators

Ok, so if I understood right, you did not get the DW1395 to work with secured network. Instead, your initial DSDT contained info for a DW1395 when in fact you have a DW1490 and when you corrected the DSDT to reflect your true hardware, everything worked as expected, right?