How hot should a d620 get?

Raistlin5

My d620 with a core2 duo 1.83 ghz,a10 custom bios from osx latitude, intel 950 graphics, 2 gig ram, and a seagate hybrid xt harddrive runs at 44 degrees at idle.For normal operation it is fine but last night while encoding a video and burning to disc using imovie and idvd, cpu temps were recorded using istat as high as 76 degrees celcius. This also causes the computer to slow down dramatically. The fan is operating and I can feel the air flow from the exhaust. I was wondering whether the temps are relatively normal, and if there is an issue. I have set the speedstep program from edp to on demand performance. Was wondering if this is a software or hardware issue?Thanks in advance.

• Administrators

it's more like a your running osx on a dell issue...lol.. it has to do with power management not managing the hardware 100% and osx not responding correctly. you can try nullcpu and sleep enabler to see if it helps your temps a bit.

Thanks I will try that tomorrow.

I was wondering if the d630 was more compatible than this d620.I found one with 2.53 ghz CPU,2 gig ram,nvidia quattro 110,120 gig hard rive, and the store also has a broad com wifi card for it.What do you think?