Latitude E5420 Yosemite

Kransbox

• Moderators

What fails? 

No ethernet or wireless not working?

I believe for the E5420, ethernet is a Broadcom, look for BCM5722D.kext

For Wireless, if you have an Intel, it's not supported. Replace with a supported card like DW1510. Works out of the box.

Thanks for the reply!

I have tried to install the kext using kextwizard and manually... both things didn't work. For some reason, after update the Extra/Extensions/SLE kexts the Ethernet card just gone.

The other thing that is not working for me is the SD Reader... all the other things are working as expected.

Could you also tell me how to connect with the apple store safely? I tried your iMessage link but after the patch I got a KP so now I'm a bit afraid of try again...

Hello, i hope that this thread is not too dead,

I have the same configuration as Kransbox and the same problems, no way to get audio with patched AppeHDA but good

sound  with Voodoohda. Another issue is with BCM5761 (14E4:1681), the NIC card is missing and BCM5722D.kext does not loaded.

Any news about this issue? Someone has resolve it?

Thanks in advance for help and sorry  my poor english.

I have investigate further on this issue, I found the following thread https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/7607-yosemite-on-latitude-e5520-with-clover/

where the user filbit shared their bootpack.

I tried his DSDT and... BINGO!  my ethernet card is now present in network preferences panel.

Inside filbit's DSDT there is a description of BCM5761 which is lacking in  JakeLo's DSDT from post #4, could this be the cause of the problem?

it would be possible to merge the two files? I don't have the skill to do it.

I added the description of BCM5761 from the DSDT mentioned in post #55 to the E5420 DSDT.   

My ethernet finally comes back online. 

I just decompile the DSDT.aml with Chameleon wizard, then use a TextEditor to copy and paste the description, I have to adjust the order of BCM4322 and BCM5761, otherwise, the ethernet won't work. Here is the DSDT.aml I complied with Chameleon wizard, could some expert take a look to check if there's any defect and do some optimization? 

DSDT.zip