Clover on Dell Latitude e6500

howoarang

Hi, I've used chameleon bootloader long time ago and now I decide go to Clover. With Clover my CPU and memory speed are better recognized, sleep works and have better score in benchmark. But with Clover I get some issues too.

1. video in Safari goes bad. Sound and video track go not synchronize

2. my system time stops after some minutes. For example: Laptop go ON at 8:00AM and after 30mins my system shows 8:22 only. In system settings I have checked "set system time automatically".

With chameleon bootloader my system time and viedos in safari works well. Booth in 10.9.x and 10.10.x

• Administrators

have you tried adding voodootscsync.kext it sounds like you are having issues with tsc. i think you can modify it in clover you might have to look at clover wiki under cpu section. clover might not be reading your frequency/bus speed properly. also try a more current clover if possible.

I didn't try voodootcsync.kext yet. But also in Chameleon my CPU and memory speed were recognized bad. I have CPU 2,8GHz and 800MHz DDR2 RAM.

In Chameleon cpu shows 2,66GHz and memory 769MHz. In Clover these speeds are 2,79GHz and 798MHz, so I think, it is correct.

• Administrators

You would not normally need VoodooTSCSync with a Penryn CPU (it's required for Merom CPU with 945GM chipset). It's most likely a problem of incorrect Chameleon boot plist settings and/or SMBIOS profile. Which Chameleon version did you use?

Speeds reported by Clover are indeed correct (the FSB may not run exactly at 200MHz).

Can you post your zipped /Extra folder?

• Administrators

Nothing wrong there. It'll be due to a config.plist configuration issue... Post the file. Which SMBIOS profile does Clover select? Do you need those PS2 keyboard and mouse kexts by the way?

You could try and go back to Chameleon.

• Administrators

I would suggest you set nVidia graphics to "true", not leave it to "false"... DSDT seems to be of E6400 origin, but I presume it works Ok on the E6500.

Re: Chameleon, as I said, chances are you simply had an incorrect configuration. You would have needed the attached tuned FakeSMC kext (plugins moved inside), the MBP5,1 SMBIOS profile and P&C states generation selected in the Chameleon boot plist. A recent Chameleon version such as r2377, r2395 or r2401 would have done too.

FakeSMC.kext.zip