Dell Latitude E5530 Support

cobaltsean99

• Moderators

You need to be specific about why you can't install to the internal drive. What error you encounter?

You should be able to install 10.9.*, 10.10.* on this system, and even 10.11.*

Explain the process you followed and where you encounter issue and we'll assist where ever we can.

We can't without much detail other than "can not  install".

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Administrators

Mifune, I appreciate this might be a little difficult, but you need to be specific in terms of the problems you encounter. What makes you say you cannot install on the internal HDD? What error message are you getting, it any at all?

One very useful good practice on the E Series is to reset BIOS to default settings and set HDD mode to AHCI before you attempt installing OS X.

I succeed ,  it is machine setting problem.

my windows machine set  AHCI  disk-setting.  internal harddesk recognized (before  my machine is  setting to not-AHCI).

now, installing sysytem.

sorry poor english.

thank you very much.  very very thanks.

now,  new problem found,  ethernet can not use, and wifi-adopter too cannot use.

I do machine setting(bios setting) , but ethernet cannot use, and wifi-adopter too cannot use.

I succeed install by 10.8.3-iATOKS-ML and 10.8.2-iATOKS-ML. 

but, I tried by myhack-usb,but myhack-usb cannot install.

I tyied install  10.9 and 10.10, but not succeed.

now problem is cannot internet.  ethernet and wifi-adopter not work.

sorry my poor english.

i5 e5530 is my machine.

• Moderators

It's hard to assist without knowing the specification of your system. If it's similar to the OP, then you need BCM5722D.kext for ethernet. Most Dell comes with Intel Wireless and it's not supported, so you'll need to replace it. See here for list of supported/unsupported cards.

thanks very very much.

I found new problem.

I open back-cover and found two wifi-slot.  One is just-size to macpro-wifi-card and I insert macpro-wifi-card(2006 mac-pro).  But, wifi don't  work.

and one slot insert  mini-size intel wifi-card.  But wifi don't work.

And I  insert BCM5722D.kext, but  ethernet don't work.

I  insert by  iATOKS ML3U and iATOKS ML2.   My machine  e5530 i5.  memory 8GB   harddesk-320GB  2.59GHz.

I am tired.   very thanks.  very thanks.

bios version is A15,  it is newest version probably. for that reason, I can't install 10.9, 10.10??

I have wi-fi USB adapter  GW-USNano2, but it also can't use.

I am poor english.  very thanks.

• Administrators

For wireless, please consult the non-exhaustive list of supported/unsupported cards & USB dongles. Jake gave you the link in post #15.

If your USB dongle is not in the list, identify the chip, see if it's on the list and/or look for drivers on the manufacturer's site. You know, a bit of basic home work...

It's been said and repeated many times: Intel wireless cards are not supported.

thanks very much.

I now install 10.6.6i-hazzard, it recognize wi-hi automatically. I can now  internet smoothlly.

I am inserting  3 wihi-card,  which card operating is unknown???.

if I  use  myhack, my machine un-recognize USB-port(os10.6 un-recognize usb-3.0??? 

now most problem is  sometime freezing occur.

so, I use myhack locally. (only problematic kext removing do. I think for my machine, myhack's Extra is un-fit???)

for  os10.8  my machine can't internet.

now too, ethernet can't use.      but, now I  can wi-hi,  I am very satisfying( I like os10.6 ).

working wi-hi card is broadcom-4315(BCM4315) probably from v-screen( -v typed screen ).

USB-2 port recognize,  but USB-3 port un-recognize.

thanks very much.

thanks very much.

I succeed using USB3.0 for install usb3.0-kext

myhack shoud use except Extra made,  because  myhack Extra occur  freezing( only in 10.6??? ). 

But, myhack should use  remove  problematic kexts.

freezing is most problem for me. 

now,  freezing don't  occur.

and  internet using wi-hi very  smooth.(ethernet now  can't use.  but ethernet is not important.  Wi-hi is important. )

so now I am satisfied.

thanks very much.