Dell Workstation T5500 OSX install nuub

arthurf3902

I'm starting te become desperate ...

I've been trying al sort of things and nothing I've done so far works.

Have now gotten so far as to get the install screen (using unifail, with multifail waiting to help) but as soon as I give <ENTER>, everything goes wrong!

Inside are:

24 GB DDR3 Ram

2 Xeon 5570 CPU's

either a Saphire HD5770 or a Quadro 2000 graphics card

1 HD [500GB SATA] precooked as a Guid partition disc (MacOS journaled) 

no other peripherals attached ( no WiFi-stick, no internal USB peripherals, nothing) 

1 USB Apple keyboard, with an Apple mouse

1 DVD drive

1 24" screen attached through DVI.

I've attached some pics of the error messages on screen after install-trial.

Hope you can point me in the right direction !

Kind regards, Arthur Flederus

post-71112-0-34246800-1420306856_thumb.jpg

• Administrators

You should not use those tools then come for support here, in a myHack subsection! It's a little offending. Those tools you used are not supported here, they have their own web site...

You'd be better off with a manual Yosemite USB installer creation on which you'll install either Clover or Chameleon. For Chameleon, I recommend version r2401, it works well with all my 10.10. installations.

Example: https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/6731-d630-nvidia-yosemite/&do=findComment&comment=40833

You can actually install Chameleon directly on your USB installer without using Clover 1st. Just make sure to copy all eventual DSDT + boot plist + SMBIOs plist to /Extra folder. Any additional kext you may add will need to go to /System/Library/Extensions.

• Like 1

Hi Arthur,

I also have a T5500, but with only 1 cpu.

Which bootloader are you trying?

Do you want Yosemite anyway?

I have 10.9.5 Mavericks and a Yosemite I cannot update. It seems to me that to install Yosemite is much harder than Mavericks.

I'll gladly help you if I can.

Hi,

lanyo

• Like 1

Well Herve, then you seem to me, to be easily offended ...
My goal never is to offend anyone.
As I wrote - I am starting to get desparate - combined with the fact that these "puzzles" are quite elaborate and complex, make for this to be a transgression easily made.

Off course I've so far, seen some of the info on all 3 fora, I've gotten somewhat aquainted with.
Being OSX86, Tony Mac and OSX Latitude.
And yes, OSX Latitude, is the only one, so far where I've been able to find a way-in to finding the "Holy Grail" if you will.
Here or through here, I've been able - for the first time - to find a coherent (or be-it very detailed/specific) explanation/tutorial, on what the little packages of data you are workig with do and mean, and how they should be put together.

But thank you for your input, I hope to be able to find out more, in meeting a group of similar minded people!

Hi Arthur,

I also have a T5500, but with only 1 cpu.

Which bootloader are you trying?

Do you want Yosemite anyway?

I have 10.9.5 Mavericks and a Yosemite I cannot update. It seems to me that to install Yosemite is much harder than Mavericks.

I'll gladly help you if I can.

Hi,

lanyo

If I have been paying attention well enough, there's quite a difference between having 1 cpu and having 2. Apple's MacPro had 2, so there has to be a way ! But finding that narrow pathway proves to be rather timeconsuming and and quite an elaborate puzzle. But then again if you are a person who likes a good puzzle ...

• Administrators

Installation on an dual CPU-based Dell workstation is mentioned here.

The "usual" method refered to is that detailed in the link I previously posted. In other words, there is no difference in the installation process whatever the targeted system, it's a "simple" matter of using the correct SMBIOS profile and, of course, Chameleon configuration parameters + appropriate kexts.

You've mentioned the MacPro yourself in your last post, that was a good hint, so if you read the whole thread about the Dell Precision 670, you'll probably find your solution...

@hirion hirion and arthurf3902

@arthurf3902 

I also have a T5500 with:

• 1x E5620
  • 4GB DDR3
  • AMD 6850 1GB

Been trying to install Yosemite which hasn't been as successful as mavericks to install. 

Just wondering how either of you's two installed Yosemite? and if you could point me in the right direction.

Tried using Clover but Yosemite seems it can detect my HDDs in either ACHI or ATA mode.