E6530: Problem with keyboard and trackpad after wake up with powerbutton

Millerdry

So i habe tried to install the bootpack a second time optimus is enabled and in system Info is the HD 4000 active.<br /><br />He is going to normal sleep after the time what was set in systemsettings,<br />and he also sleep over the apple logo manually. <br /><br />I can wake him with spacebar or touchpad in this sleepmode.<br /><br />But when he go to the sleepmode wehre i must wake him up with the powerbutton, then the monitor is waking up but no keyboard and no touchpad.<br /><br />I have no SSD like in jake's configuration only a normal harddisk. <br /><br />Could that be the problem? <br /><br />Or should i do a new cleaninstall to fix this problem? <br /><br />Anyone another ideas? <br /><br />Thanks Miller

• Moderators

I was using 10.9.2 and then upgraded to 10.9.5 with combo update. Keyboard/touchpad all works fine after wake from sleep. Been doing it all day without an issue.

Check your BIOS setting. Set all to default and change only to AHCI and Enable Optimus.

Check also that you don't have other PS2 controller installed other than voodoops2Controller from my boot pack in System/Library/Extensions.

Another thing to try is delete /System/Library/Extensions/myhack.kext. Then run myHack->my fix (quick). Reboot.

Hi,

so i don´t know what i should do, i have tried all things what you explain.

Also i did a complete new installation with a new stick strictly at your guide with optimus enabled.

I did the installer also with mavericks 10.9.4 and install your Extra.

But it is the same after all what i tried...if the system go to sleep i wake it with the power button the monitor awake and i loose trackpad and keyboard.

I observe, that all usb ports are also without function after sleep so when i get a usb mouse or keyboard on USB2 port they are also not to use.

The other thing is, after clean installation i don't have the vodoops2controller.kext in /System/Library/Extensions only the kext is in /Extra/Extensions.

Any idea what remains to be done.

Greets Miller

• Moderators

When you use myHack, it installs all the kexts in /Extra/Extensions to /System/Library/Extension/myHack.kext and bumped up the version # to 1111. This way it'll load before the vanilla version and will survive any OS X updates.

Try this GenericUSBXHCI. Place it in /Extra/Extensions overwrite the old version. Run myHack/myfix (Quick).

Also don't use the SSDT, SSDT-1, SSDT-2 from my Extra, it's for a different CPU.

Create your own following this guide. You'll end up with just 1 SSDT. Remove all the SSDT and replace with the new one.

GenericUSBXHCI.kext.zip

The problem is that the mouse/touchpad/keyboard doesnt come back after hibernation. My Inspiron 3520 does the same thing. Mine is even worse in that all USB dies after hibernation.

This doesn't occur after normal sleep.

Disable hibernation via pmset. The machine will never hibernate then. (Use power button to wake it up.) It will only sleep. (Use space bar to wakwe it up.)

Hi,

I don't know what i still should do.

I did my own ssdt file and delete all from jake's, also i installed the new genericUSB.kext from jake's post.

Then i run myfix quick and reboot, but the problem is the same.

Also i test to set hibernate mode with pmset to 0 pmset -g says it is set to 0 reboot and after a time the powerbutton of my e6530 is flashing yet still...

Is it anyway the hibernate or somthing other?

Should a yosemite install maybe fix this problem?

A other thank is, after running myfix that i must start osx two times at first it is hanging up at the apple logo.

Or is it a problem with win 7 dualboot.

Also in win i disabled hibernation but there also he is going to sleep with a flashing powerbutton.

Thanks for your help.

Miller

Hi,

I don't know what i still should do.

I did my own ssdt file and delete all from jake's, also i installed the new genericUSB.kext from jake's post.

Then i run myfix quick and reboot, but the problem is the same.

Also i test to set hibernate mode with pmset to 0 pmset -g says it is set to 0 reboot and after a time the powerbutton of my e6530 is flashing yet still...

Is it anyway the hibernate or somthing other?

Should a yosemite install maybe fix this problem?

A other thank is, after running myfix that i must start osx two times at first it is hanging up at the apple logo.

Or is it a problem with win 7 dualboot.

Also in win i disabled hibernation but there also he is going to sleep with a flashing powerbutton.

Thanks for your help.

Miller

The power button/light should be flashing. That means its sleeping and not hibernating. 

In fact, I just left my lid open and used the Apple menu to sleep (not hibernate) the machine. I needed to push the power button to wake the machine up. The keyboard and trackpad aren't working, nor is my USB mouse. I had to reboot to fix it. This doesn't occur with lid close sleep. Very odd.

Seems pushing the power button to wake my machine causes my the same issue as hibernation. No USB/trackpad/keyboard. 

Are you using VoodooPS2 for ALPS?

Hi Bob,

I use the vodoops2kext from jake's guide what inside his Extra forder i think it should be this kext.

I have also try to block s3 sleep state in bios and it is also the same problem with sleep.

When i set him to sleep in the apple menü i can wake him with spacebar and all is okay.

But how can i fix this special problem thats the only think what i want to gut fixed because all other things are running Very good for me.

did you solve the issue? 

I read that even originals have such problem. Mine E6220 also - today a found it booted but without mouse or keyboard. Guess problem lays in USB.

I heard on osxdaily that problem with SMC...