Dell XPS L321X - No Keyboard or Mouse found

kelchashock

I'm trying to install Yosemite on a dell xps using Jakes Guide. I can load into the installation screen but it asks me to check my "wireless Keyboard and mouse". My trackpad is working however and also the keyboard lights up.

I attached a keyboard and it powers on fine at bios. But once i load the chameleon the keyboard stops functioning. I tried with different flags -v -x -y -s, none worked. I assume its something to do with recognising the internal USB. Any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks

• Moderators

Sorry, you're right, there's no option to disable bluetooth in the BIOS.

However I don't encounter the same issue as you. Keyboard and touchpad work just fine. 

Are you sure the keyboard is not responding? I notice during boot, the bluetooth tries to pair up with a wireless keyboard, you could easily drag it over with the touchpad. Then you could log in.

Hi Jake thanks. I found this out the hard way, got frustrated and hit out at the keyboard, it disappear after some random keys  :-P  once i change the wifi bluetooth card it should get rid of the issue permanently. 
Just one more question Jake, does your xps sleep when closing the lid or set it to sleep on the OS? Mine seems to be intermittent.
Thanks again, you helped me out on the 7240 last time, your guides are amazing