E6410 (Intel) Issue with install.

alarmeng

Hi

I've been at this for weeks with some or little success, just wondering if anyone can shed any light on it.

I've got a Dell E6410 (Intel).

I-ve loaded Yosemite  what seems ok, but when I try to boot it sticks at the flashing - prompt on a black screen.

If I press F12 and select UEFI boot (UEFI :INT13(USB,0X80) it boots to "HACKINTOSH ZONE" then shows me the Apple logo for approx. 10 secs then it reboots to the above again, black screen and a flashing cursor.

(Sussed the above)

Any idea's as im a bit stuck.

Many thanks.

Gaz

• Administrators

check here https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/7376-dell-latitude-e6410-yosemite-nvidiaintel/ avoid all in one installers if possible as they usually do not explain what they are doing which intern does not make you any wiser or help you comprehend the whole process. it's better to understand the process necessary to help keep your machine stay trouble free.

Hi

Getting a bit further this morning, Managed to use "Transmac" and put the Yosemite image on it.

She isn't booting properly so after more reading im guessing thatits the video driver.

Getting there slowly.

After numerous installs I guess im hitting a wall.

Everything seems to install correctly, when I select the install location from the splash screen after several minutes of disc activity it slowly slows down until there is no activity and then the display (even though its blank) seems to shut down and then nothing at all after that.

Any idea's ???? 

Even tried safe mode too

Hi

Yes it does the install, comes up with the background and the selection of either ("Untitled " MY DISC) or recovery HD.

Selecting my disc appears to start up but the screen goes blank and the HDD activity goes from very active to virtually non existent after about 8 minutes.

Many thanks

Also noticed that it also shuts the USB ports down at the same time as the screen shuts off.......