e6420 Yosemite 4200M - installer blank screen

arghargh

Trying to follow the guide here.

e6420 NVS4200M, i5-2520M1600x900 256GB SSD 4GB Memory, Optimus DISABLED, AHCI enabled, Legacy Boot.

Followed instructions Step 2, lines 1-28 to the letter.

Only additional thing was to copy in Exx20 as Extra on USB drive and replaced DSDT-NVS.aml as DSDT.aml.

Booting Chameleon with -v -f, boots to the point where the installer screen would normally show the install screen but just stays blank.

Any ideas, this is my first try at doing this.

Ok I will try that. I did notice I could hook up the HDMI monitor and I get the installer screen, I GUID partitioned, but I am getting a message that won't let me install "This is not a supported method of installing this operating system. Please run install OX 10.10.app that you downloaded from the App Store"

I will replace those files and see what happens, my bet it that will fix the display but not the error message.

You need to change Chameleon boot plist

"GraphicsEnabler" from Yes to No. You do not need to change or add DSDT to your USB stick, it will boot fine without DSDT file.

Once OSX is installed to HD you need to boot with USB Stick once more. Start Terminal and run these commands

cp -a /Volumes/name_of your_USB_Stick/Extra /Volumes/name_of your_OSX_HD

cp -a /Volumes/name_of your_USB_Stick/System/Library/Kernels /Volumes/name_of your_OSX_HD/System/Library

Read Note number 2 and do it. The system won't boot without -v -f unless you did the change. The second command is used if you do not want to enter -v -f everytime you want to boot from HD.

Do not forget to install the patched AppleHDA kext, without this patch you won't have sound.

By changing GraphicsEnabled=No in org.chameleon.boot.plist I was able to boot the installer on the laptop screen and install.  

I made the changes VNMan described (above), but when I try booting the HDD from Chameleon with -v option I get a KP that references kernel extension com.apple.driver.AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.

VNMan - not sure what you mean "Read note number 2 and do it"