D830 10.9.5 boot issue

luke9511

• Administrators

The command seems to go through the tree structure; however, you have a rights issue, hence the error messages so the sudo prefix does most definitely appear required.

If still not going anywhere, can you reach the /Extra/Extensions folder of your Mav HDD and list the kexts in there? Could you also use detail the contents of the Chameleon boot plist through the cat command?

• Like 1

The command seems to go through the tree structure; however, you have a rights issue, hence the error messages so the sudo prefix does most definitely appear required.

If still not going anywhere, can you reach the /Extra/Extensions folder of your Mav HDD and list the kexts in there? Could you also use detail the contents of the Chameleon boot plist through the type command?

yup heres the screenshot as for the plist what commands do i need to user? i havent dont cmdline in a number of years and even then it was linux

IMG_05041.jpg

• Administrators

When you boot your USB installer, the shell path variable may not contain the link to /usr/bin where sudo exec is found. You could therefore try:

/usr/bin/sudo cp -R ...

or

/Volumes/D830/usr/bin/sudo cp -R ...

For the Chameleon boot plist, you need to use the command cat /Volumes/D830/Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist

• Like 1

When you boot your USB installer, the shell path variable may not contain the link to /usr/bin where sudo exec is found. You could therefore try:

/usr/bin/sudo cp -R ...

or

/Volumes/D830/usr/bin/sudo cp -R ...

For the Chameleon boot plist, you need to use the command cat /Volumes/D830/Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist

tried that and i get

sudo: unable to stat /etc/sudoers: No such file or directory

sudo: no valid sudoers sources found, quitting

edit here is the plist

IMG_05051.jpg

• Administrators

Well, nothing wrong in your /E/E folder, nothing wrong in your Chameleon boot plist, I have no idea where things got screwed! It would appear you need to re-install the OS, yes... Stay away from EDP.

You will need the SMBIOS of the MacBookPro5,1 to obtain native CPU + GPU speedstep.

if your booting in -s single user mode then you do not need to put sudo infront of the command.

i dont think that works when booting to usb does it? either way i have to do a full reinstall cause of not being able to boot in normal mode or safe mode

EDIT question is this the same as my issue?

https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/7548-ga-z97x-ud5h-i5-4460-clover-yosemite-kernel-panic-unable-to-find-diver-for-this-platform-acpi/

• Administrators

Your system was running fine until you did some EDP tuning, after which, it got screwed for whatever reason. With a fresh install, you'll be Ok again. EDP appears to systematically screw all D Series since the revamp of last summer, presumably because some of the critical kexts are incorrect. I strongly suggest you don't use it for the time being.

I've provided you with the files required for the performance tuning, use them. The rest should be standard installation with myHack + bootpack (assuming that one is not screwed up either).

Your system was running fine until you did some EDP tuning, after which, it got screwed for whatever reason. With a fresh install, you'll be Ok again. EDP appears to systematically screw all D Series since the revamp of last summer, presumably because some of the critical kexts are incorrect. I strongly suggest you don't use it for the time being.

I've provided you with the files required for the performance tuning, use them. The rest should be standard installation with myHack + bootpack (assuming that one is not screwed up either).

Will do it tonight and report back tomorrow