D830 10.9.5 boot issue

luke9511

ok so i ran the install over my old install and i am back up and running, now to make sure i do this correctly i place the kexts above into /E/E and run myhack and select myfix and that will install them correct?

edit forgot to ask why is the folder name for the kexts above called D830n?

That's what your ought to do with kexts, yes.

D830n is for D830 nVidia... Just a reference really.

Awesome I haven't done the kexts yet but will tonight, will they fix the issue of the screen going off and not being able to wake it up by moving the mouse or using the keyboard? That same issue came up during reinstall and it had been sitting there for two hours before that with 7 minutes remaining not moving at all so I had to shut down and it still booted

• Administrators

Never had that problem before, so can't comment. Screen sleep is normally cancelled by mouse or keyboard, not computer sleep of course, for which you have to press the On/Off button; But you'll know that the computer  has gone to sleep if the On/Off LED fades in and out.

Never had that problem before, so can't comment. Screen sleep is normally cancelled by mouse or keyboard, not computer sleep of course, for which you have to press the On/Off button; But you'll know that the computer  has gone to sleep if the On/Off LED fades in and out.

Yeah it was not asleep I'm wondering I might be using the wrong USB drive or something

• Administrators

Why do you use NullCPUPowerManagement? That defeats the purpose of having P&C States activated in your boot plist, the MBP5,1 profile and the tune FakeSMC... Get rid of it.

In addition, on checking your DSDT, it turns out it has an incorrect configuration of the GPU section... Where did you get this DSDT? Here's a correct version:

DSDT_D830_NVS-140M.aml.zip

Why do you use NullCPUPowerManagement? That defeats the purpose of having P&C States activated in your boot plist, the MBP5,1 profile and the tune FakeSMC... Get rid of it.

In addition, on checking your DSDT, it turns out it has an incorrect configuration of the GPU section... Where did you get this DSDT? Here's a correct version:

attachicon.gifDSDT_D830_NVS-140M.aml.zip

i did not edit the dsdt, all i did was use a virtual machine and a 10.9 dmg i downloaded and created a myhack install with the downloaded pack for the d830

EDIT how do i get rid of NullCPUPowerManagement?

also everything is stock from a normal install, i did not even run EDP at all or tweaked anything

EDIT 2 i forgot to add i was trying to fix the audio and now can no longer boot into normal mode only safe mode, i will just do i full erase and reinstall using the files posted here and see how far that gets me

i think this is what is causing me to not boot into normal mode

IMG_05911.jpg

• Administrators

To get rid of NullCPUPowerManagement, simply remove it from /Extra/Extensions and run myFix (quick) as suggested and confirmed in posts #21 and #22.

You can also try my edited DSDT by placing it in /Extra under the name of say DSDT_new.aml. You can then safely test it by calling on the file at bootloader prompt by typing: DSDT=/Extra/DSDT_new.aml. Once you're happy that it works, you can delete the old one and rename the new one into DSDT.aml. The DSDT will most defintely fix your black screen issue.

I don't know what you were trying re: audio but it's a simple matter of using VoodooHDA + AppleHDADisabler kexts. You had them initially, there was nothing wrong there.

If you can only boot  into safe mode, you won't be able to run myHack/myFix app. However, you can manuall call myFix from Terminal using the command myfix -qt /.

• Like 1

To get rid of NullCPUPowerManagement, simply remove it from /Extra/Extensions and run myFix (quick) as suggested and confirmed in posts #21 and #22.

You can also try my edited DSDT by placing it in /Extra under the name of say DSDT_new.aml. You can then safely test it by calling on the file at bootloader prompt by typing: DSDT=/Extra/DSDT_new.aml. Once you're happy that it works, you can delete the old one and rename the new one into DSDT.aml. The DSDT will most defintely fix your black screen issue.

I don't know what you were trying re: audio but it's a simple matter of using VoodooHDA + AppleHDADisabler kexts. You had them initially, there was nothing wrong there.

If you can only boot  into safe mode, you won't be able to run myHack/myFix app. However, you can manuall call myFix from Terminal using the command myfix -qt /.

well i went ahead and fully erased the hdd and started over, however i did get stuck during install where it kept going back and forth between less than a minute and about a minute left and it did that for about 2 hours and finally it started moving and finished but it said the install failed but i was able to reboot into it anyway.

so i went ahead and applied your fixes and while myfix was running i got a black screen and had to shut down and am not sure if that fixed it or not, still waiting to see, i also unhooked my bluetooth module and that seemed to help the install some, not sure what model it was or if it was giving it issues but i will take it out later and post the model

EDIT forgot to add i do not have audio, where do i get the kexts for that or should i use EDP for that?