e7240 yosmite help

beastyboy uk

Hi all i followed the guide on this forum and made my usb stick i used the patched kernel. Now i can install yosemite fine but on the reboot i get the raid can't find kernel msg. So i boot using the usb installer and get into the desktop. Once I've fixed the uuid in terminal on the reboot i see my hdd fine now the raid msg has gone. I use -v -f but can't get back to the desktop no matter what flags i try.  latitude e7240 8gig of ram 128gigssd and i5 any ideas thanks.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well this did the trick worked great got a fully working laptop only thing is i had to disable usb 3 in the bios and if i have a usb 3 hard drive plunged in on reboot i get a panic. But if i plug it in once on desktop its perfect :) with usb3 of so working has usb 2 lets hope a fix comes or you any nice ideas?. Thanks for all your help its been great cheers

Well removing the kext stopped the panic but usb 3 doesn't work with the latest version of yosemite. I disabled the usb3 controller in the bios and it works on boot now in usb 2 mode i can live with this :). But if a fix comes out please inform us thanks your guide was great :)