D630 says No Boot Sector on USB Device

palmyrans

I have tried for several hours with several different boot loaders on 3 different flash drives to get my Dell Latitude D630 to boot via USB . So far, all I am getting is the laptop to tell me a message to the effect of, "No Boot Sector on USB Device." It then tries to load Windows Vista, which displeases me severely. What do I need and what do I have to do to these USB flash drives to get them to have a boot sector and boot a boot loader? I am attempting to install OS X 10.6.3

Chameleon... Installed with myHack v3.1.2 when you build your Snow Leopard USB installer.

OK. Can you please give me some sort of instructions how to install this using a Windows machine? I do not have a working Mac install> I have been using TransMac 11.2 to install my isos and what not to my flash drives.

• Administrators

From Windows? Never tried that. If you don't have a Mac or a hack, I can suggest you try Nawcom's ModCD. It's an ISO image you burn to CD/DVD and it creates a bootable Snow Leopard vanilla installer. You'll need the retail SL (restored) package on another DVD or USB key.