E6420 install problem

dantes_

I have a Dell Latitude e6420, i5 processor, Intel HD graphics and I just updated the wifi card to an Atheros AR5B95 AR9285 802.11B/G/N Half Mini PCI-E Card

I created the usb as instructed here https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/1109-e6420-research-thread/

but when I boot to the USB and select the Mountain Lion install, the screen goes black and slowly turns white. I'm guessing it has something to do with the difference in graphics card, but I don't know how to work around that issue.

Any advice would be appreciated.

I'm using Mountain Lion because I have access to a full install copy, but I don't have access to a new full install copy. The plan is to upgrade, but I need to get this operational before I can do that. Alternately, if somebody can tell me how to get a legal full install copy of a newer version if that would be easier, I'd be fine with that too.

Thanks.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can probably do that, but how do I go about getting a full install disk of Mavericks? From what I understand, Apple is not making Mavericks available for download if you haven't already downloaded it. If that's not the case, are the usb drives available on Amazon a full install disk?

If I can download it from the App Store, my existing hackintosh only has about 2 hours of battery life (and it won't charge as there's something wrong with the internal power connection. So on a fast connection, I think I can download the full version of Mavericks and create the usb drive, but I probably only get one chance at that.

Thanks,

So I now have a copy of the Mavericks install disk, set up the MyHack usb and when I go to install, the installer starts to boot but hits a kernel panic.

So I booted with -v and this is the error I get

P-State Stepper Error 18 at step 35 in context 2 on CPU 0

panic(cpu 3 caller 0xfffff7f808989da): pmLock: waited too long, held by 0@0xffffff800002e481f

Debugger called: <panic>

Backtrace (CPU 3), Frame : Return Address

Kernel Extensions in backtrace:

com.apple.driver.AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement(1111.0)[EDE188A8-D142-3689-B2F0-26AB424A4CAF]@0xffffff7f80886000->0xffffff7f808aefff

BSD process name corresponding to current thread: kernel_task

Boot args: boot-uuid=479331F9-5D0E-390E-91A7-7EEA800D42F58 rd=uuid -v

Mac OS version:

13F34

Kernel version:

Darwin Kernel Version 13.4.0: Sun Aug 17 19:50:11 PDT 2014: root:xnu-2422.115.4~1/RELEASE_X86_64

System model name: MacBookPro*,1 (Mac-9424583640C91C81)

I don't know what that kernel panic means. Can you advise?

Thanks.

I have no idea what to do when it comes to this DSDT thing.  Can you tell me where I need to find the file and how I make the SSDT?  Here's the error I got.

Debugger called: <panic>

Backtrace (CPU, 0) Frame : Return Address

Mac OS version:

Not yet set

System uptime in nanoseconds: ...