E6420 install problem

dantes_

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you very much for responding.  I downloaded the bootpack 10.10.5 from the E6x20 section but there is no NullCPUPowerManagement.kext to put inside the directory you specified. I will go over the steps to see if I missed something until you get back to me. Thanks again for responding.

Ok so I realized what I did wrong.  I got all the files in the right place now.  So not it tells me "Backtrace (CPU 2), Frame : Return Address..." so turned off oone of the CPUs and now it says "Backtrace (CPU 0)..."  I appreciate your help. It doesn't refer to a specific file this time. So i'm not too sure where to go from here.  I'm fiddling with my BIOS settings to see if I can figure it out.

Ok I figured out what I did wrong.  With regard to the bootpacks, I quite understand the update process so I didn't have the right files on my USB stick.  Once I copied the right files, it finally loaded to the install screen.  I'm hoping that everything is easy from this point on :-).  I will keep you guys posted.

So I've installed the OS to the hard drive successfully but the next step in your instructions is to install the Chameleon Bootloader to my SSD but there are no instructions on how to accomplish this.  Are you able to help in this regard?

Thanks