DELL INSPIRON 3542 (Clover-Yosemite)

Albayati

Hi everyone,

Im totally new Hackintosh User and i want to patch DSDT/SSDT smile_osx.png

My Laptop details :

Dell Inspiron 3542 (Clover-Yosemite 10.10.2) 

Haswell ULT Intel Core i3-4005U

BIOS A05(14-11-20114)

Intel HD Graphics 4400 + NVIDIA GeForce 820M (resolution 1366*768)

4GB RAM

RealTek RTL8101/2/3 Family Fast Ethernet NIC

Atheros AR9565 Wireless Network Adapter 

Realtek ALC3223 audio

Laptop running OS X Yosemite but Not properly :(

.................................................................................

I'm stuck with 2 errors in dsdt.dsl

-syntax error, unexpected '}'
-syntax error, unexpected $end and premature End-Of-File

i googled it and i couldn't find anything 

can anyone help?

SSD.zip

Have you managed to have nvidia card working in Yosemite?

I have it installed in a USB3 16gb as main disk, working the intelHD4400 normally but i havent't find any way to use the nvidia instead of intel.
I have the same laptop as you but with bios A04 revision and i5 cpu (haswell)

Thanks?

Try the attached.

attachicon.gifDSDT.zip

How did you fix the unexpected PARSEOP_EXTERNAL expecting ) ? 

Anyway, nice job.

Have you managed to have nvidia card working in Yosemite?

I have it installed in a USB3 16gb as main disk, working the intelHD4400 normally but i havent't find any way to use the nvidia instead of intel.

I have the same laptop as you but with bios A04 revision and i5 cpu (haswell)

Thanks?

The Optimus card does not, and perhaps never will work on OS X86, unless you can disable the internal graphics from bios. 

To prevent overheating the system, since the card is detected and running on full power without drivers, but unusable, it is recommended to disable the card. 

Unfortunately there is no Bios Setting to let me disable the internal processors graphics card.
I have installed nvidia web drivers and as i am seeing from system->extensions they are loaded.

In GLView.app i am not seeing it in the list of available options.

Only if there is an option from editing dsdt could be possible.

• Administrators

As you might have gathered by now, Optimus technology is not supported on Hackintosh platforms; that's because Apple use a different technology on their own Macs and that's based on a dedicated little piece of hardware (vmux chip).

Generally speaking, you cannot disable the integrated graphics chip of a Sandy/Ivy/Haswell/etc.-based laptop as the discrete GPU outputs video through it. It's a kind of rare thing to have a laptop with each GPU having its own private bus to the video output. That's the Apple hardware way whereas Optimus is a software solution.

As such, you can only try and disable the nVidia chip through DSDT patching in order to rely solely on the integrated Intel HD 4400. The alternative is to delete the nVidia kexts so that they do not load. You'll have less powerful graphics support (though perfectly acceptable IMO) and increased battery life.

You can look up for nVidia-disabling DSDT patches on the Net.

Thank you for your detailed technical answer.

I will keep searching, testing and hoping to find a workarround or or hack on this.

Currently i am using it with two displays one in hdmi port, and also even the drivers of nvidia are loaded i haven't notice any extra heating or power consumption to need nvidia chip disabled.

Than you.

hey i have dell laptop 

my laptop detail is: 

inspiron i5-3542 

itel core i5-4210u

BIOS- A04

intel hd graphics 4400 with geforce 820m (res 1366*768)

4GB RAM

1 TB hdd

Audio- Intel Realtek ALCC3234

i have install yosemite 10.10.3 completely. but i have graphics drivers problem.

please help me how i can fix this problem.

• Like 1