Serial Number Unavailable

Takahashi

The MacBookPro11,1 profile is the first one that I designated a while ago, but I couldn't use it because neither Champlist nor Chameleon Wizard have been updated to include it. I'm mainly concerned about the serial generation...

I opted for Clover a while ago because it had the MacBookPro11,1 profile available for use. I tried copying the information generated from the config.plist that I made in Clover Configurator and using it in the format of Chameleon's. I can barely remember how that went...

I will try this once more. If this fails, then I will start using Clover and see how that goes.

Thanks again!

By the way, I used the property list that you gave me two posts ago, but the serial number is still listed as "Unavailable" in About This Mac. I looked at bdmesg, and it shows that Chameleon loaded it.

• Administrators

I'm using MBP11,1 on the Dell E6440. You can retrieve the SMBIOS plist from the pack posted in my guide. From memory, I generated it through Champlist and it works perfectly with Chameleon whether in Mavericks or Yosemite.

Use the Random buttons for Week of Manufacture + Unique number to generate your own serial number. Make sure to remove those incorrect speed entries you had added, I don't know if they could interfere.

I'm also using fairly recent versions of Chameleon such as r2377 or above (r2395, r2401, ...). 

I browsed and retrieved the property list from your latest Yosemite pack in the thread that you linked, generated my own serial number, rebooted, and got the same result - "Unavailable" for my serial number in About This Mac. I will install Clover, use your smbios.plist, and report back.

This is quite odd...

YES! I installed Clover, generated my config.plist, and all is working! My serial is listed, and OS X reports the system correctly, including memory modules!

Thank you very much for helping me through this! I have learnt some things...

post-63461-0-15718100-1425225036_thumb.png

I still have no idea why Chameleon wouldn't do it...