D630 - 10.9.4 : last problems

bartman86

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

I don't think Mavericks will load without the DSDT but I'll check that out shortly. 'pretty sure I've tried that before and it would not even work in safe mode.

Boot your Mavericks USB installer, then run Terminal and replace the DSDT on the HDD Extra folder by that of your USB key. It's really not that hard...

hi there.

Thanks you all for the help yet!

I booted the Mavericks USB-install drive, and chose myHack from the utilities menu - and reinstalled my original extra's folder.

Now I'm back to where I was before. But, after some thinking:

-onboard keyboard en touchpad : dont need em (if wifi is a no-go, then I'll use only external keyboard)

-battery/powermanagement: same reason. Nevertheless I'll retry, to have the cpu-scaling (power and heat saving reasons).

But now running very stable (I had no NIC-problems anymore), updated to 10.9.5, so I'm happy :)

Before trying 10.10 (on a new hdd in this D630) I want to tweak this one to full speed. But I'm not sure (not very advanced in Mac OS kext dsts things, I'm more of a linux guy :) )

Do I need this: https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/2673-performance-tuning-with-fakesmc/

I have a (new old stock) D430 als, that I'm thinking of to install 10.7 or 10.8 and maybe buy a wifi-card.

If not - I'll install linux on that one to have a portable laptop (with wifi).