E6320 - KP with Yosemite installation

ahzhang452

So I'm starting my tertiary education in 2 months and having a Mac OS system would be helpful (and nice to show off :P)

I've done hackintosh in the past before (in the Leopard and Snow Leopard days) and have since forgot quite alot about it.

I have currently tried a unifail + e6220 boot pack install and I'm faced with a panic, advice?

post-4953-0-68180900-1425842446_thumb.jpg

• Administrators

Obviously something to do with Bluetooth; I suggest you disable in BIOS and see where that gets you.

PS: we don't support TMX stuff here, I guess you know those tools have their own site for support.

hmm I didnt know that these tools were not supported, I was banned off their forum for mentioning distros, so yeah. :(

Anyway, I did try out myhack before, I did not see an option for yosemite?

Also, my notebook is a 6320, not a 6220, I used the 6220 bootpack because I read that it's the same machine with a different screen size. 

I'll try disabling bluetooth and try again.

EDIT:

Try  this guide. Bootpack on post #2

I followed your guide and on boot, it said it could not find the kernel, so I copied the kernel from my VM over to my drive and it loads, ended in panic again, ideas?

• Administrators

If there was a SSDT file in the E6220 pack, it may not suit your own CPU. This is a very CPU-specific item. Remove it. If you're still having issues, try installing the NullCPUPowerManagement kext.

Read this guide for instance.

Please follow common sense rule #1: post your specs or list them in your forum signature.

PS: Please reduce your picture size in the future. There really is no point attaching a 5Mo 5248x3936 file in a post!

Hmm, I tried booting with just the SSDT from your zip and it ends in the same panic, using the whole /Extra file from your zip ends with a grey textured screen (the background when the files are loading) and nothing after that until I click the power button :/

• Administrators

Means you probably don't have the same screen resolution as the one I had and you need a different DSDT. But you never specified what you have...

The table from my guide can easily be updated. If you have a screen res like 1600x900, boot with Chameleon option EnableDualLink=Yes (if you use that bootloader of course).

• Administrators

Then no reason why HD300-based graphics would not work OOB like it does with Mavericks. I suggest you forget your previous installation method and rebuild your Yosemite USB installer manually, adding Chameleon (or Clover) afterwards.

In fact, if I were you and if it really is Yosemite that you want, I would actually install Mavericks on a small partition, from which I would work out a larger Yosemite installation.

Hmm.. my current installer is made from restoring yosemite to the usb then installing Chameleon over top, then dragging the required files over from the appstore downloaded copy, then the /Extra file is dropped inside :/

Is there any important difference between mavericks and yosemite except for the iPhone seamless connection? (ie. performance?)