Asus K53SV - no shutdown

Bruno

hi, someone can help me please? i can't resolve my problem with shutdown. in chameleon wizard i put generate P-state and C-state, i've installed voodoo P-state from edp tool but nothing, my pc doesn't shutdown. 

• Administrators

P & C States are for CPU power management, so won't be of any help in relation to a shutdown issue. This is more a DSDT problem. There are existing DSDT patches on offer for fixing such issue.

I would suggest you extract your raw DSDT or make a backup of your existing one if applicable and use the tool called DSDTEditor to apply these shutdown patches to the raw/existing DSDT. You may try them one by one to verify the likely results. Start from your initial DSDT everytime and save the patched version to say DSDT01.aml, DSDT02.aml, etc. With Chameleon, you can place these DSDT files in /Extra and manually call them at boot time through option DSDT=/Extra/.

This method is totally safe as you simply reboot as normal if the system hangs or go crazy with the patched DSDT.

If you feel uncomfortable or unable to do this yourself, post your zipped raw/existing DSDT and we'll patch it for you.

thx for reply Hervè. i send you my dsdt in attached files, if you can patch it for me, it's better because i'm not very expert to do it. After i can put it in extra and load it from boot option by chameleon?? thx in advace, i'm waiting for reply

DSDT.aml.zip