Acer 5920g problems installing myhack Mountain Lion

joe10190

thanks for the advice i acquired the AppleACPIPlatform kext v1.3.6 from the Dell latitude D620 download.

Is this a generic driver that is compatable with any install?

i followed your instructions but still getting PCI configuration End message.

i am playing around with Snow Leopard and have just managed to install the O/S but would prefer to use Mountain Lion if possible as Snow Leopard is rather long in the tooth, but i stand to be corrected.

Thanks again for your advice

• Administrators

AppleACPIPlatform v1.3.5 and v1.3.6 come respectively from SL 10.6.7/10.6.8 and are generally mandatory for all Lion and Mountain Lion installations. Not required for Mavericks and Yosemite, the vanilla kexts do perfectly.

All the Lion and/or ML installations I attempted without reverting to the SL version of this kext always ended in KP. As far as I know, the SL kext can be used in Mavericks and Yosemite but I found this was not necessary as all my systems ran fine with the vanilla kext of those OS X versions.

Did you revert to the original IOPCIFamimly kext? I've never had to replace that kext in ML...

thanks for the reply.

i have alsp copied both the AppleACPIPlatform kext v1.3.2 and  IOPCIFamimly kext from a snow leopard install on a Gigabyte G31M ES2L to the extra/extensions folder in the USB MyHack installer and then ran the MyFix option targetting the USB installer. 

Same " PCI configuration end "message.

I also tried running the Myhack MyFix option targetting the actual install and then cloned the drive to a laptop drive and then attempted to boot the acer with the new drive but again same message.

Not much hair Left.