Dell 6220 problem with cpu and memory

okaenrique

Hello, 

I used this guide to install my Dell: http://forum.osxlati...e6220 +yosemite

I have:

• cpu 2,2 GHz Intel Core i3
  • memory 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
  • graphics Intel HD Graphics 3000, 384 MB

my problem my Dell is not fast and mouse is not work like normally , it  move smoothly on the screen. it shows some interruption while moving and the cpu fan high volume often.

Any one can help my  , thanks

• Administrators

Not that many 2nd generation 2.2GHz Core i3; I'd say it's one of those 3.

@okaenrique: Apple have not made many Mac models with Core i3 CPU, let alone 2nd gen SandyBridge ones. Maybe a couple of iMacs. As such, you should try various SandyBridge SMBIOS profiles before you find the one that works the best for you. Target MacBookAir4,1/4,2 or MacBookPro8,1, i.e. a model using integrated Intel HD 3000 GPU only.

• Like 1

• Administrators

Correct, Chameleon Wizard does not provide profiles for all Mac models. However, you can easily create your own target profiles with a tool called Champlist. It provides you with a full list of Mac models and you can create and save the corresponding SMBIOS plist to use on your own Hack.

Before you do that, stick to MBP8,1 and generate the SSDT for your i3 CPU in order to gain Turbo boost (if the CPU has it or course) and better speedstepping. Place the SSDT file in /Extra, then make sure that your Chameleon boot plist has "DropSSDT" option selected but "Generate P-States" + "Generate C-States" options unselected.
http://www.hackintoshosx.com/topic/21475-guide-aio-guides-for-hackintosh/?do=findComment&comment=106897

If it's not already been done (but I expect it's included in Jake's packs), you probably need to patch the Apple CPU Power Management kext. I also suggest you grab the tuned-up FakeSMC kext from my E6320 Mavericks guide.

Edit: bad luck, no Turbo boost on the i3-2330M, so it'll be 2.2GHz max for you.