Asus T300LA

ISR

I have an Asus T300LA which has a core i5 processor. I have managed to get OS X running on it with unifail but that isn't the best way, O don't think. I was hoping someone could help me in using myHack to install OS X Mavericks onto this machine. I tried a generic myHack install but it would restart just as the apple logo showed.

Yes. It is a haswell reset issue. I patched mach_kernel for haswell support and tried the myHack installer but it didn't work. But the same file allowed the unifail installer to work fine.

Is there a tutorial to patch the mach_kernel file for myHack?

• Administrators

There are only single instances of patched kernels. Once patched, the kernel applies to all installations or installers. If your myHack installer still does not boot the patched kernel, then it's because something else is wrong with your installation media.

You can get the 10.9 Haswell-patched kernels on the Net or on this site. It just depends on the particular version of Mavericks you're using. Look here for instance. They're also available in the download area of InsanelyMac. Yoiu just have to search a little...

Then, it's a simple matter of replacing the vanilla mach_kernel file found at the root of the bootable media (USB key or HDD) and re-running myHack->myFix (quick) to rebuild the cache with the patched kernel.