-SOLVED- D630 nvidia Yosemite installed but no boot

bartman86

Hi there,

Thankss for your help getting my 10.9.5 to work on my D630 nvidia. I ejected the hdd and inserted another on lying around to have a fresh start and install Yosemite :)

Used the thread here on the forum (the post by hervé in the research - and electrozen's remark), I made the stick, booted it, installed Yosemite.

I had 2 runs of the install:
- one did all the installing, but had 'one more second waiting' at the end of the installer. The USB-stick-light kept on blinking (I/O activity on the usb-drive). I powerd the system off and tried rebooting. Clover did not find the installed Yosemite on HDD.
- Because that was not a success, I redid install (formatted the disk again), and ran the installed (but had to leave to go working). When I came back home the system was powered off, and when I tried to reboot, Clover did not find the installed Yosemite on HDD.

So cant boot my fresh Yosemite.

-HDD is formatted GUID
-Clover is installed with the "Install boot0af in MBR" and "CloverEFI 64-bits SATA" options

Where did I go wrong ?

• Administrators

You could ignore Clover (it's kind of difficult unless you're an experienced Hackintosher) and use Chameleon instead. Install a recent version such as v2.2 r2377 or r2401. You'll have to manually do all those things that tools like myHack did for us in the background:

1. create Extra folder and copy DSDT + boot plist + SMBios plist in it
  2. copy all add-on kexts previously placed in /E/E directly to /S/L/E
  3. manually repair permissions and rebuild cache with the usual Terminal commands:

sudo chmod ...

sudo chown ...

sudo touch ...

sudo kextcache ...

You have those in details in my aforementioned thread.

Good luck.

thanks I'll try that right now

1. manually repair permissions and rebuild cache with the usual Terminal commands:

sudo chmod ...

sudo chown ...

sudo touch ...

sudo kextcache ...

You have those in details in my aforementioned thread.

Good luck.

If someone wants to know:

sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions

sudo chown -R 0:0 /System/Library/Extensions

sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions

sudo kextcache -Boot -U /

yeah I tried again with chameleon meanwhile, but I cannot understand why it doesn't find the fresh install on the hdd when booting?

Cameleon will have the same problem not?

EDIT: Oh - now I rebooted the USB and the install is continuing - maybe there was a problem .. I'll see again in 15min :)

ok, so the installer needs to reboot, and you have to use clover to resume the install... my mistake :)

I was thinking the installed made the hdd bootable (via clover) but I as mistaken.

Thi spost is successfully typed in OS X Yosemite :)

Sound is working, wired network is working

Will look for power mgmnt, battery and sleep later on.

Thanks (again) guys! Great work here!