Does anyone have any ideas how to fix shutdown problem on 3542?

nareto

"as for audio i guess you can try a new version of the kext"

I am using Voodoo for my audio. Should i replace this with newer version? well there is some very quick message popping up when desktop screen is booting up icons and task bar. It says something about VOOdoo poping up, then it disappears so quick.

I found this issue very interesting. It could cause shtting down problems. Please have a look on this followings.

As I mentioned earlier that I am on a dell inspiron 3542 core i3 4005u plus 4400 intel graphics(no nvidia or amd), in order to run OSX MAVERICKSI followed the instruction from the link on this website https://osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/6721-dell-inspiron-3x375x377x37-clover-install-guide/.

I missed one thing in the extra folder of HDD, where there is "ssdt" sitting in that folder. It needs to

be coppied to EFI / Clover / APCI / patched

image-5269_55112644.jpg

image-E2FC_55112644.jpg

image-E2B9_55112644.jpg

when I copied this to the place as it should be. It appears like this in the System Preferences

image-3E31_55112644.jpg

image-735B_55112644.jpg

BEFORE I hadn't put it in the Patched, it appeared like this!

image-C582_55112954.jpg

image-467C_55112954.jpg

Do you think it could cause shutting down prblems??

• Moderators

Thanks to JVital2013 from another forum. He found that updating the ME firmware fixes the issue.

http://www.win-raid.com/t596f39-Intel-Management-Engine-Drivers-Firmware-amp-System-Tools.html

quoting vbo

It's pretty well explained on that website, but I'll paraphrase in a shorter form:
Start with section C1, and get Intel FWUpdate Tool for ME 9.5 Firmware v9.5.14.1724. Assuming you'll be using windows (adapt accordingly for DOS/EFI), open a command prompt as admin and run 

FWUpdLcl -fwver

to confirm that you're running a 9.5 series firmware. If this checks out, get Intel ME 9.5 Consumer 1.5MB Firmware v9.5.45.1922 from section B1, and perform the update in the elevated command prompt by typing 

FWUpdLcl -f WHEREVER_YOU_UNPACKED_THE_FIRMWARE\FIRMWARE_FILENAME.BIN
Reboot, and run FWUpdLcl -fwver again to check that the update was successful. 

Note: No guarantee expressed or implied yada yada.. flashing a firmware carries inherent risks, and I am not responsible for any issue that may occur.

Sir, I am using two OS Windows 8 and OSx 10.9.3. Do think I can run ME firmware? I am afraid that after it reboots the error will occur on my laptop. I used to update Dell bios firmware update once and it needed reboot (of, course) but it didn't complete the process according to Clover. what I needed to do, I had to replace HDD installing Windows 7 and run the firmware again and then put back the previous HDD back into the laptop. it was fine.

Do you think the ME firmware you posted will work firmly?

Do you think this will help improving the shutting down issue?