[SOLVED] Inspiron 15r: HDMI is recognized as DVI (without audio)

webmontes

Let me try

sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x01\x05\x09\x00\x00\x04\x00\x00\x87\x00\x00\x00|\x01\x05\x12\x00\x00\x08\x00\x00\x87\x00\x00\x00|g' -i.bak /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleIntelFramebufferAzul

I'll see if it works!

After I have used commandline in Terminal. it doesn't work when connecting with HDMI to TV. I have AppleHDA andVOODOOHDA in System/Library/Extensions, but I don't have these in my EFI/Clover/Kexts/10.9. Do I have put these two kexts in EFI/Clover/Kexts/10.9??

• Moderators

Sounds like you don't have a patched AppleHDA but only VoodooHDA for sound. 

There's not a lot of success for HDMI audio with VoodooHDA. What sound card do you have, perhaps there's a patched for it already.

Sounds like you don't have a patched AppleHDA but only VoodooHDA for sound. 

There's not a lot of success for HDMI audio with VoodooHDA. What sound card do you have, perhaps there's a patched for it already.

I am running Dell inspiron 3542. My sound card is Realtek. the chip is not supported by any kexts from Realtek so I used VOODOOHDA. When connecting to Sony or LG TV it displays pictures(everything s fine) Except the sound. Do you think it s already patched?

• Moderators

Sound like the patch above works to get you HDMI video, but not audio because you don't have a patched AppleHDA. 

Can you be specific of what Realtek card you have?

Launch DPCIManager. Look under Audio Devices->Codec ID

Sound like the patch above works to get you HDMI video, but not audio because you don't have a patched AppleHDA. 

Can you be specific of what Realtek card you have?

Launch DPCIManager. Look under Audio Devices->Codec ID

Here is my Realtek card ID. well there is another Intel Audio I don't know if it s correct.

Realtek ALC3223

image-20EE_55464D34.jpg

• Moderators

Here I made a dummy kext from Mirone's patched AppleHDA. Install both kexts to /S/L/E. Since you're using Clover, add this to your config.plist under KextToPatch and layout-id to 3 in your DSDT. You might have to patch DSDT to enable HDMI audio too if you don't have it already.

Comment
Enable Realtek ALC255 #1
Find
hBnUEQ==
Name
AppleHDA
Replace
VQLsEA==
Comment
Enable Realtek ALC255 #2
Find
hQjsEA==
Name
AppleHDA
Replace
AAAAAA==
Comment
Enable Realtek ALC255 #3
Find
hAjsEA==
Name
AppleHDA
Replace
AAAAAA==
Comment
Enable Realtek ALC255 #4
Find
YgLsEA==
Name
AppleHDA
Replace
AAAAAA==

ALC255.zip

Here I made a dummy kext from Mirone's patched AppleHDA. Install both kexts to /S/L/E. Since you're using Clover, add this to your config.plist under KextToPatch and layout-id to 3 in your DSDT. You might have to patch DSDT to enable HDMI audio too if you don't have it already.

<dict>

<key>Comment</key>
<string>Enable Realtek ALC255 #1</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
hBnUEQ==
</data>
<key>Name</key>
<string>AppleHDA</string>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
VQLsEA==
</data>
</dict>
<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>Enable Realtek ALC255 #2</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
hQjsEA==
</data>
<key>Name</key>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
AAAAAA==
</data>
</dict>
<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>Enable Realtek ALC255 #3</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
hAjsEA==
</data>
<key>Name</key>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
AAAAAA==
</data>
</dict>
<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>Enable Realtek ALC255 #4</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
YgLsEA==
</data>
<key>Name</key>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
AAAAAA==
</data>
</dict>

Tried to add the spoiler in KextToPatch but I couldn't export Configuration. I updated Clover Conf twice which runs on 10.10 and 10.8 but mine is 10.9, however i have chnaged it back to Clover Conf 10.9 the old version. I still can't export config.plist. please tell

• Moderators

Send me our Config.plist and DSDT.aml, I'll patch it for you.

Note: You could open your config.plist with plistEdit pro or textedit and paste the patch, no need for Clover Configurator.