Bluetooth does not work (discover) on D630 on 10.9.4

Sven1848

Hi!

As I mentioned the Device was recognized an installed OOB but it does not discover anything with the Bluetooth Wizard. I deleted the bluetooth.plist in /Library/Preferences and ran kext Wizard to rebuild the cache and extensions and all these things. But after a restart the problem is still the same.

Another point is my sound card is running since i installed the Vooodooo HDA 2.8.6. But now I have to set the kernel flag -f. If it is not set it does not boot and the only thing you see is the OSXLatitute Symbol...

The BIOS Settings (A17) are completely set like they are described here.

Or should i get an bluetooth USB Dongle which runs OOB from ebay or Amazon? But what is the right device?

The Device:

INTERNAL BLUETOOTH Dell D630

Name: Cambridge Silicon Radio

Firmware: 4315

Manufactor ID: 0x413C

Product ID: 0x8140

Greetings

Sven

• Administrators

if i remember correctly on the older D series laptops the dell wireless 340-360 modules they had to first get flashed with the latest driver from dell in windows seven for them to operate. also i think they are only 1.0 or 2.0 BT chips as for booting with -f it sounds like a corrupt cache and or myHack.kext

• Administrators

if you have a corrupt cache, you can simply run myFix (quick) and that normally rebuilds it. Alternatively, use the following Terminal commands:

sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions

sudo chown -R 0:0 /System/Library/Extensions

sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions

sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel

On rare occasions, we've had reports from users who had to delete the myHack.kext in /S/L/E and, in that case, you must run myHack and proceed with Install Utilities to restart the whole process again which includes the kexts installation and cache rebuild.

Ok Bluetooth Is working now fine. I still have to use the -f Kernel Flag but it is ok I wrote it in the chameleon.boot.plist . After installing some updates and programs the D630 is shutting down (the corsor disappears and the circle Is spinning) the screen becomes black but the power led, the bluetooth led und the fan Is still on and you have to power oft the dell per hand :-(