Dell Precision M4800 (i7-4800MQ) Help

Hamish Claxton

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

Yeah sorry, didn't work. Also had to add a couple of items back into it. Would generating the P States SSDT also generate the C States?

Yes

After patching my DSDT with the fixes listed above, I am unable to control the brightness with my keyboard controls, most likely due to _PNLF fix. Booting is extremely bright as well, kinda blinding and really hard to look at (verbose & Apple logo). I was also wondering about the patched kernel, I haven't patched mine yet and was wondering what I would gain from doing so. 

Use Fn+F3(scrollLock) and Fn+Insert (Pause) to go up and down. The kernel patching was done in Clover with KernelPM checked otherwise your system would've reboot automatically before you could even get to the gui.

Well, bit off but after playing around with the backlight, audio started working. Even headphones work & mic work.

??? what exactly did you do? Modify DSDT/Clover Config?

To be honest, I'm not exactly sure. I removed the audio injection from Clover as we have the injection done through the DSDT Other than that I was just working on the other patches and suddenly after a reboot it was working. It was straight after I added the nv_disable = 1 to my boot args, however it doesn't make sense cause after I removed the arg, audio still works. 

As for brightness, I have also installed RehabMan's ACPIBacklight, which works & there were also key maps for the Display under Keyboard in System Preferences. Original keys were F14 & F15, I changed them to F7 &  F8.

Well, I haven't tried getting sleep to work as I'm running OS X off an external hard drive. Just running it off of an EHDD till I get everything working (except sleep of course), then I'll install OS X on my Internal HDD. Not sure what else to look for. What are the common functions to get working? 

Also, I'm using a Mavericks ALPS VoodooPS2Controller.kext from hackintosh.zone:

http://www.hackintosh.zone/downloads/download/211-alps-multitouch-trackpad-kext-for-mavericks-109x/

However I'm not completely sure this is the best version, but it was the only version I could find that works.

• Moderators

Not sure if it's the same version I've been using. It's based off of Rehabman's voodoops2Controller for Synaptics touchpad. One of our member bpedman started the development to add codes for Alps touchpad. Yeahoon continue to get the trackstick with scrolling to work for the Latitude Exx20 models. NPjohnson contributed and later continue by sontrg to add functionality to Exx30 models which also works on the Exx40 models. You can read the whole thread here. Rehabman has merged it to his version of Synaptics. The version I'm using is in my signature below. It's not perfect but very usable since its early development.

Does the dvd player work?

Does it have a SDCard reader?

Does webcam work?

Does USB 3.0 ports and devices work?

Thanks, I'll have a read of that thread.

Testing DVD Player now, I do know that under supported features, it lists HD as Unsupported. Yes this model does have an SD Card reader (O2 Micro), doesn't work straight up though. Webcam works perfectly, light goes on and off as it should, no lag etc. USB 3.0 ports are detected under system profiler, but I have yet to actually test the USB 3.0 speeds as I don't have a USB 3.0 device. But for USB 2.0 they work perfectly. Not sure how to test the speeds though.

Thanks for that, DVD Player is all working fine. Disabled automatic opening though, since I don't want to change the region. Yep that's the same SD Card Reader. Just says:

Vendor: 1217

Device: 8520

Sub Ven: 1028

Sub Dev: 05CC

Vendor Name: O2 Micro, Inc.

Is there a way to test USB speeds?, or if they show up correctly in System Profiler,  the speeds fine. Also with the Audio, was just curious how you came up with those 3 Clover patches?

Just realised there's no battery icon, so I guess that doesn't work. Haven't tested ethernet either.