Dell Precision M4800 (i7-4800MQ) Help

Hamish Claxton

So I'll start over again fresh Yosemite install, and clean clover only install kext for working touchpad, and wifi.

Then follow your recommendation

In Clover set ig-platform-id=0x0a260006 and Fake ID IntexGFX 0x04128086.

IN S/L/E/ install FakePCIID.kext, FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext, FakePCIID_HDMI_Audio.kext.

No DSDT, and No SSDT in ACPI/patched.

Then see where everything is.

If still a problem then disable nvidia in DSDT.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi sgilbert!

I have the exact same m4800 from my work and I need OSX like I need water. 

Have you gotten it working at high resolution? I have the high resolution and nvidia card ...

Also, a guide I can follow? It's been a while since hackintoshin, and no idea about clover. 

kOn,

No I haven't got it working yet.

Jake Lo

The nVidia card is Quadro K1100M

The Laptop display is connected via eDP not LVDS and is QHD+ 3840x2160.

What I've tried.

Followed guides to completely disable the nVidia card (patch DSDT, SSDT), but this completely knocks out the display as soon as DSDT loads I didn't try the EDID injection with this, but I believe this is not worth trying.

Now I want to go full nVidia, but I feel I need to inject more info into the DSDT to get this thing working right.

If I take the laptop apart and remove the display connector then I get the Optimus setting in the BIOS. but as soon as I plug the Display back onto the motherboard, it goes back to only using nVidia.

Hi sgilbert

actually I have a k2100m (my bad, I didn't notice it's different)

However we're in the same boat, and it looks like you've went through a lot to get it going. I wonder how the guy in previous posts was able to get his going?

Because he does not have the QHD+ display, if you look at his xrandr output it is only the FHD display.

This display connection to the motherboard allows the BIOS to control the nvidia gpu on or off. and when it's off then the Intel HD4600 handles graphics to the Laptop Display.

His pictures are fooling you into believing he has Accelerated Graphics at 4k resolution on a built in display.

I believe the Intel HD4600 Graphics are completely bypassed on our laptops because of the Display connector.

kOn,

No I haven't got it working yet.

Jake Lo

The nVidia card is Quadro K1100M

The Laptop display is connected via eDP not LVDS and is QHD+ 3840x2160.

What I've tried.

Followed guides to completely disable the nVidia card (patch DSDT, SSDT), but this completely knocks out the display as soon as DSDT loads I didn't try the EDID injection with this, but I believe this is not worth trying.

Now I want to go full nVidia, but I feel I need to inject more info into the DSDT to get this thing working right.

If I take the laptop apart and remove the display connector then I get the Optimus setting in the BIOS. but as soon as I plug the Display back onto the motherboard, it goes back to only using nVidia.

it about NVCAP

a Hope for eDP : Asus G750 (only GTX770m , no have optimus ) use eDP port for internal Display.

Because he does not have the QHD+ display, if you look at his xrandr output it is only the FHD display.

This display connection to the motherboard allows the BIOS to control the nvidia gpu on or off. and when it's off then the Intel HD4600 handles graphics to the Laptop Display.

His pictures are fooling you into believing he has Accelerated Graphics at 4k resolution on a built in display.

I believe the Intel HD4600 Graphics are completely bypassed on our laptops because of the Display connector.

If "Switchable Graphis" options in BIOS is Enabled, your display is connected via eDP and use Intel HD4600 GPU.

If "Switchable Graphis" options in BIOS is Disabled, your display is connected via LVDS and use nVidia Quadro GPU.

Please check it, if you have the same results

If "Switchable Graphis" options in BIOS is Enabled, your display is connected via eDP and use Intel HD4600 GPU.

If "Switchable Graphis" options in BIOS is Disabled, your display is connected via LVDS and use nVidia Quadro GPU.

Please check it, if you have the same results

wrong!

M4800 only one internal port on mother board. not dual port. 625286aabb1f2d2248511bb21d459e7b.png

it about hardware not software.