E7250 and El Capitan

m1nkeh

Hi,

Bit of an open ended query really...

Is it possible to follow the E7x40 guide for this machine... does anyone have any idea on how big the differences are between the two?

I am willing to be a guinea pig if not :)

Thanks.

• Moderators

Huge difference. For one, E7x40 models have Haswell CPUs with Intel HD 4400, E7x50 models have Broadwell CPUs with Intel HD 5500.

Chameleon loader so far is not supporting, but Clover with some adjustment can but no support for Intel HD 5500 yet.

You will have to be patient and wait until more support are available by the developers.

Ok, so i read the page a few more times and it's pretty clear what needs to happen now.

Yes i do have a i5-5300U (if it ever arrives), one thing though I'm really unclear on how to Patch a DSDT (or even get a DSDT for my machine tbh) to inject ig-platform-id, or should i be using clover?

which is the 'best' method.. i appreciate best is relative, but I'm still gathering data at this point..

thanks for you're help so far

• Moderators

I couldn't get E7x50 to boot with Chameleon, so for now Clover is the only choice. You don't need the DSDT to boot if you have it patched in Clover config. But you might need to later to fix other stuff. To extract DSDT/SSDT, boot to Clover screen and hit F4, files will be extracted to /EFI/Clover/ACPI/origin.

slightly altering my post as i've done a bit more work off my own back now ;)

what do you mean in this post by "you don't need the DSDT to boot if you have it patched in the Clover config" ?

could you please elaborate on the 'patching' required?

Ty.