E7250 and El Capitan

m1nkeh

Ok, I need a little bit of a hand here getting clover to boot I think on the e7250..

Also.. obviously there is no guide yet for this machine but which config.plist will actually allow me to start working on things?

Thanks!

Edited by m1nkeh

• Moderators

There's issue with hanging when BiOS is set to UEFI for the E7x50 and resort to legacy for now until there's further development.

Here's my current config, DSDT, and SSDT you could try.

Make sure to use latest Clover, I believe is 3193. Older version causes keyboard to repeat 8x for each character you enter. 

For the wireless, you'll need an NGFF M.2 card that's supported. BCM94352HMB will not fit in this model.

E7x50_Clover.zip

Cool, I've edited the posts now to have no reference apart from the OP.

I noticed you can't separate UEFI and secure boot on the e7250... is this where the issue lies that you talk of?

Looks like the AHCI setting is what I'm missing.. will give it a whirl this evening.

Also, lucky I didn't order that card then! Haha :)

For the wireless, you'll need an NGFF M.2 card that's supported. BCM94352HMB will not fit in this model.

So from a bit of googling looks like i need to find a BCM94352Z... and it seems they are like gold dust!

This thread mentions one from DELL (DW1560) but that's a bit of a struggle too, going try our DELL account manager ;)

ok, found a bit of time to play with this this evening... couple of questions:-

first, though i should probably caveat all of the below with the fact that i am using your config.plist, dsdt.aml, and ssdt.aml as downloaded from this thread without modification

1. When setting up the BIOS on the machine, I apply defaults and then set the SATA to AHCI - i assume that this then leaves the BIOS in legacy mode, forcing me to press F12 in order to get the to the one time boot options, and being able to select my USB drive with clover/10.10.3 installer..

2. The first time i boot, i get a nice 'pretty' clover installer, and then other times (i.e. if i select re-boot) i get a blue screen with very simplistic selection icons... they both seem to function the same though...

3. I start booting the installer, and it kernel panics on com.apple.driver.AppleIntelBDWGraphicsFrameBuffer as I somewhat suspected it would... what I'm unclear of though at this point is how i prevent it from either trying to load that driver, or really fully understanding what i need to do from this blog -> http://www.firewolf.science/2015/04/guide-intel-hd-graphics-5500-on-os-x-yosemite-10-10-3/

I've read that blog and even though you mentioned in post #6 that "if you have an i5-5300u then you're already set" my dedicated video memory is showing up in windows 8.1 as 0mb... so i'm a bit confused. could this be a driver issue not showing up?

that to one side... it is really unclear to me how i can achieve step #2 on that guide, is 2.1 or 2.2 more preferable because i'm going to give whichever one is "better" a whirl first.. is 2.2 basically patching the DSDT??

Here's my current config, DSDT, and SSDT you could try.

Make sure to use latest Clover, I believe is 3193. Older version causes keyboard to repeat 8x for each character you enter. 

I've been thinking a bit more about the config you attached here... could you go into some details over the specifics of what you have changed at all?

I am using r3202 of clover... i think this is the most recent?

• Moderators

Check the BIOS, video memory show 64mb on mine.

From Windows, Dedicated Video Memory shows 64 MB and System Video Memory shows 0.

HD5500.JPG

To answer your questions

1 ) Yes, I'm using Legacy. According firewolf and other users, without this setting it causes garble screen.

2 ) Sounds like you have random theme setup. You can change it in Clover to your favorite theme

3 ) Verify AppleIntelBDWGraphicsFrameBuffer is in your USB Installer first. I would follow step 2.1 to mod the kext. I'm not comfortable modding the BIOS

DSDT patching is step 3, but that's after you have the DVMT corrected

I've only tested v3193 and working so can't tell you how 3202 is working until I have tested it